Subject Author Posted Replies

PCB under vacuum
My son, in his college senior year is doing some research, a machine failed today while he was using it. They have 5 defective pcbs, so apparently it has happened before. The pcb is placed in a -7 tor...
31
31

LT Spice plot axis question
Are there command lines to change the waveform axes? I want to do a frequency sweep with y-axis in volts, in a fixed range. The HELP isn't much help. I can do it manually, every time I do a run, but...
4
4

Chinese Fiber Laser
So we just took delivery of our new Chinese fiber laser (for etching and ma ybe light-duty cutting operations). I believe it is a 50-watt unit. We got it going and was able to mark a few nameplates,...
5
5

A bit of help with a crystal oscillator
I have read a lot of stuff on this topic but find it hard to apply it. I have a 25MHz xtal. For example Kyocera CX3225GB25000P0HPQZ1. The spec says typ drive level 10uW, 100uW max. The oscillator...
67
67

Re: Getting electrocuted in bathtub
Errm, why do you want to know?... Mike.
118
118

Re: What wories me
Most likely South America, large portion of Africa, Mexico etc. will survive relatively unharmed. Nothing interesting to nuke there. So will smaller towns. A global disaster -- yes, for sure, risk to...
5
5

OT Thinking out loud
Hi All, Well I moved my stuff out of my PPOE yesterday. (Along with a signed severance agreement, thanks for the attorney suggestion.) Big sigh of relief... 'ahhh'. (and also some sadness, I'm leaving...
31
31

poking rs232 port BMS
I've got a battery management unit that is reluctant to demonstrate functionality. The vendor's terminal com software seems non-functional (will not install). So far the only evidence of life is a...
13
13

OT: how activate Office 2003
Will not activate over web (1st option given), and phone number (2nd option) is not functional. Help??
7
7

OT Dumb Question - Why Vote?
Pardon for the dumb question - I am Canadian and do not understand US politics. But if the president is decided by the electoral college, why spend hundreds of millions of dollars on elections and...
18
18

Awwkk, lasers invading your home
Laser-Based Audio Injection on Voice-Controllable Systems Common 60mW lasers were sufficient for the task.
16
16

where to get NO diode embedded flybacks?
Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you. AB
5
5

Here is link to Keysight 34401A schematics
Hi We use the 34401A as our base tabletop DMM Was browsing through some specs, and found they even shared the schematics From page 140 and forward:...
6
6

analog data link, with 6 to 12kV isolation
I need to make a simple analog data link, with 6 to 12kV isolation capability. By simple, I mean 0.1% resolution and 0.1% FS DC offset error, and maybe 20kHz bandwidth. The goal is a scope-ready...
25
25

power supply page
The 48 volts comes from a kilowatt MeanWell supply. The little arrow thingies are fastons on the PCB. Enough fun for today. Now it's time to caulk the roof; rainy season is coming soon.
11
11