Who said we were not attacked here at home during WW II?

We were attacked, they just were not successful.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I mean my father grew up on Cape Cod and during the "Second Happy Time" from the end of December '41 to mid-late'42 he told me you could see merchant ships burning off the coast at night, sometimes. The U-boats could just pull right up only a mile or two off Boston, NYC, New Jersey etc. and torpedo the shit out of everything. For most of early '41 they weren't even putting blackout curtains up at night! being able to silhouette the ships against city lights on the coast sure helped the enemy.

You didn't go out fishing at night by yourself near the ocean either without knowing whose property you were on and that they knew you were there or you were liable to get shot they think you were a German spy.

Reply to
bitrex