Subject Author Posted Replies

It's not just lungs: Covid-19 may damage the heart, brain, and kidneys
And they're talking about serious damage which leaves people in an advanced state of disrepair, so to speak, sometimes even amputations and neurologic al damage from stroke. The problem is the this...
4
4

Soldering to glass
I have recently conducted some research on binding SMD components with glass and ceramic substrates using pure indium and indium alloys. The results are very satisfactory, and the technique may find...
22
22

Heatsing for TO263
Hi, does this make much sense? The heat path between the transistor and the heatsink is awkward. Best regards, Piotr http://smartheatsinks.com/SHS_SMT.pdf
7
7

Italian engineering
Hose clamp mounted with the screw-side rubbing up against the fuel line both of which are running next to the exhaust manifold.
14
14

Anyone feel the Planet Cooling?
Hi, with aviation at a near standstill, vastly reduced road traffic, retail businesses & whole industries in hibernation - CO2 production has dropped amazingly. The Chinese contribution to CO2 and...
27
27

Hef's oscilloscope!
What is that thing? (Built into the wall) Early Tek? I can't peel my eyes off it. Darned bouncing 1968 women, Godda Inna way! . Playboy After Dark 8/8/68 . (I presume this is the Playboy Mansion? No?)
5
5

Need connections help from diagrams
I'm trying to assemble a project and somehow I suppose I'm failing miserabl y at connections as it doesn't work. I'd like to get some help from someo ne to either to tell me ( I could call you) or...
58
58

ACM3P 3-Phase AC Ammeters
Can a Murata / Datel ACM3P 3-Phase AC Ammeter, complete with three current transformers, for $72, be used with, e.g., a common single-phase 120-120 / split 240 Vct household wiring, having both...
23
23

Anciliary caps for voltage regs
Gentlemen, As a mere hobbyist, every time I need to use a 5V or 12V fixed voltage regulator such as the L78 series in TO-220 package I have to look up the data sheet to remind myself which size and...
8
8

spark gap fun
3
3

cable tester
A friend asked me about cable testing. He has a need for a tester for terminated cables. I was speculating about something decoder based; Pin 12 on A end is excited, and B looks for that AND looks at...
25
25

news flash
I modestly note that I predicted that the mainstream news industry would soon switch from obsessing on viruses back to obsessing on climate, until they can come up with something better. I've seen the...
8
8

Re: OT: Facebook "Fact-Checker" caught in China Virus cover-up
Our lab is not allowed to put ordinary chemicals into any sink drains, let alone level 3 or 4 pathogens.
2
2

Help understanding voltage db vs power db.
The fact that I know: a 6db voltage gain is a 3db power gain. If that is wrong set me straight. I'm confused after using this calculator. The first calculator labeled, ? Find decibel voltage gain and...
80
80

CMOS logic with ground for Vdd
I'm designing an analog circuit with a regulated +/-12V supply. I want to include a 4000 series CMOS logic device to switch a sub-circuit at sub-Hz frequency. I haven't worked out all the details but,...
5
5