Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: mental imaging
I can't (or well not well). Like "close your eyes and imagine an apple" might (*MIGHT*) get me "circle, red, stick out the top" (otherwise, just the black of the inside of my eyelids. On the other...
22
22

LTSpice - Am I blind?
Got it installed with wine here on my PC. Fonts are a bit wonky, but that happens from time to time, so not going to really bother with it. Took things for a spin by trying to build your basic...
6
6

Re: NSW.gov Sydney - Mental health services Moving from work into retirement can be a significant lifestyle change.
"A a" doesn't seem to have realised that NSW health care services advertise for customers, just like every other provider of expensive personal services. If you can persuade people that they are sick,...

Re: Blumlein book
and the decibeelze.. "While at ISEC, Kaye and Blumlein encountered a member of staff who was 'very slow'. 'He was one of the old brigade [and] was so slow at getting any action going that it was...
12
12

Blowing up electrolytic capacitors
I had some time on my hands today as the parts I was waiting for still haven't turned up. I hooked up my HT PSU which is continuously variable between zero and 400VDC and decided it would pass some...
15
15

Re: O/T but funny: Bard gives gambling advice
On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 17:34:12 -0800 (PST), RichD

Re: Laser communicatiion in space
On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 05:49:41 GMT, Jan Panteltje wrote: Good call. Laser modulated transmissions can't be intercepted by a third party without being detected.
7
7

Re: Balanced boulders on San Andreas fault suggest the 'Big One' won't be as destructive as once thought
A a is worse than silly. He's uncomprehending. He actually right to to claim that water vapour is the most important greenhouse gas, but since atmospheric levels of water vapour equilibrate within...

Supercapacitor Jump Starters
These things claim to be able to charge up from a near dead 12V car battery in just a few moments and then provide enough power to spin a car over and start it. And moreover to be able to do this up...
19
19

ECM 3.0 motor speed controls
I have an old HVAC blower motor which was removed from a Carrier air handler on grounds it was defective. It's half horsepower, with ECM 3.0 controls. It has an AC input for motor power and a four pin...
4
4

OT: mRNA Vaccines & Cancer Link Becomes Clearer
Thinking about getting a Covid booster jab? Anyone still convinced Covid arose naturally? mRNA 'vaccines' must be banned once and for all
50
50

SMPS
Gentlemen, Is there a switcher topology where the incoming mains supply is *not* rectified before being fed into the chopper transistor? IOW, AC mains is fed to some kind of PNPN triac-esque device...
11
11

Some Quick And Dirty Boards for a Tabletop Game Idea
Kind of a fun idea I had (actually a few months ago) to create a bit of an augmented experience when playing Dungeons and Dragons (or, well, I suppose any tabletop / Pen & Paper RPG that happens to...
17
17

Re: Trains were desiged to break down after third party repairs hackers find
On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 05:35:03 GMT, Jan Panteltje wrote: And PCs. There are some that are rigged to brick if you try to install Linux on them. I'm pretty sure Google had something to do wtih it.

Season's Greetings to All
Gentlemen (and any ladies who might lurk here, too timid to make themselves known)... As we all know, it's that special time of year again; the season of goodwill to all men (and of course women and...
20
20