Yup, this is it..

No problem; we can borrow an infinite amount of money, forever.

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Just replace the CongressCritters with prison Lifers..

Reply to
Robert Baer

.highlandtechnology.com  jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

At the rate they're printing money we may run out of paper.

Reply to
stratus46

Incwww.highlandtechnology.com  jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

It amazes me that presumably professional economists with presumably open eyes keep driving us off cliffs. They seem to always assume that things will never change, when history shows that they always do.

The scary bit is that government is borrowing at zero interest rates, and needs the borrowing to stay in business. That's a nasty mousetrap ready to snap. What will happen when the USA has to pay 6% interest on

20+ trillion in debt? Three guesses.

Politicians get the economists that they want and deserve.

Locally, San Francisco is planning for another hundred thousand or so jobs and to build the housing for same. Nobody seems to remember the last .com bust, not so long ago.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

$MS solved that problem with lack of memory long ago, Virtual memory!

What's wrong with virtual money?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Incwww.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

"They pretend to pay us and we pretend to work."?

It's been tried.

Reply to
krw

Every once in a while you have to do "garbage collection" and it might require a full reboot.

Don't worry, you'll only lose the money that you had at the time of the reset.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Ah, That explains it, .NET and VB programs~!

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Incwww.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Same problem: the system thrashes and crashes now and then.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

On Mar 5, 2:24 pm, Jamie wrote: > >   What's wrong with virtual money? > > Jamie

Nothing if you're good with a virtual Porterhouse steak.

Reply to
stratus46

.

at highlandtechnology dot com

The good news is that the American people are incredibly wise, in a horse-sense kind of way. Politicians sell them way short. Time and again, poll after poll, year after year, 2/3rds of the country agrees our gov't is spending far too much and wants them to stop.

Here's the latest proof:

Even those people I speak to who depend on the government think so, and are willing--even eager--to tighten their belts a bit to help save the country. They're more than willing to pitch in. But, they don't want to be the only ones. No one wants to have their one thing singled out; it has to be shared.

We ought to make mild, real reductions across the board--everyone pitches in. The people support that.

It's that kind of spirit that'll save us, ultimately. It's still a wonderful country.

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

what I'm worried about is this...

the gov't has a huge debt

DEvaluation of the currency benefits those in debt..

thus the gov't has an incentive to devalue the currency...i.e. allow inflation

which devalues any savings you might have accumulated...

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Invest in things that will inflate.

Unless it's invested in tangible assets. Real estate is good for the long run. Especially now.

Reply to
krw

..

Incwww.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

No. They did not. It predates Bill Gates, let alone M$.

Two, swap / Vm is at least 1000 times slower than memory.

You will have to study up do discuss it more, start with Amdahl's law and texts that address it.

It carries related complications to virtual memory, though some problems related to speed are inverted.

Reply to
josephkk

Right. The trick is inflating it all in one short crisis ala the previous Jimmy Carter, so that people will go back to trusting the currency until the next reset.

--
Cheers,
James Arthur