Yep, that's an advanced design alright

Actually, I took a little trip to Sedona to visit some friends of my wife's that have a vacation home up there. They got me on the way back, when I was trying to find someplace to have dinner. Low blood sugar and driving, not a good combination... 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

modern radars feed the doppler to the cop as a audio tone, steady tone, they sleep through it and let you pass, but if they hear that short down doppler, it wakes em up and you get a ticket. Lesson learned the hard way on a 55 in a 35 zone in the city, the cop said, if I would not have slammed the brakes as I passed, he would not have woke up.

In Ohio they dont notice you till your 6-7 over the limit on divided highways, but the mobile speed cams are 200$ plus administrative fee in Akron and Cleveland, and they get away with it because it is 0 points on the license, and thus a civil fee and not a ticket. (ba $tards used a loophole, even our local cops opposed it)

Steve

Reply to
osr

When I say "both feet", I mean it ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I got one of those in Montana back in the early 80s. 90 in a 55. It was only $5 and you were allowed to pay the patrolman, on-the-spot. I almost couldn't help laughing out loud when I handed him the cash. I always wondered if they might have just pocketed the cash.

Tom P. Albuquerque

Reply to
tlb