Off the shelf amplifier modules

A customer has a customer who has a requirement to drive some equipment with a 50 ohm input from a generator that can't drive 50 ohms.

I don't know what the generator is, probably DACs on a PC data acquisition type card.

Frequency response requirement might be just dc, can't be more that a few

10's of kHz or their generator would have decent outputs to start with.

Maximum required output 0 to 10v dc into 50 ohms, gain unity or maybe x 2.

Anyone know of anything off the shelf and moderately priced that would do this? Multiple channels might be a plus.

TIA.

Reply to
nospam

At least give a little information. Frequency range? Required drive level? Output level of the generator?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Michael A. Terrell

Ahm, he just gave all that above.

I guess this is what the OP is looking for:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Well thanks for the pointer to something that would do the job although the form factor isn't quite what I imagined. I was thinking more along the lines of a little box with a wall wart or DIN rail mounted module taking

24v dc supply not something that would need its own shelf to do 4 channels. I have since discovered the generator is a PC data acquisition card with a max output current of 5mA.

Still haven't found anything, perhaps not an easy thing to search for but I didn't think the requirement was so obscure.

Maybe I should be looking for audio amplifiers hoping to find something dc coupled with well defined gain?

Reply to
nospam

Most audio amplifiers will deliberately NOT pass DC, in order to avoid destroying speakers.

Maybe something like this, with a few extra parts:

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

NS-

What you describe sounds something like a servo amplifier or instrumentation amplifier. It is not obscure, its just not a consumer item! It might be available from the same place that produced the data acquisition card.

If you want to build your own, what about using a power op amp?

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

They usually all have well defined gain. You'd have to find one that can muscle the required swing into a 50ohm load without excessive distortion and with some margin, then hack it so it'll pass down to DC.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I used to use Elantec chips to do this, but recently have switched to the HA5002 for new projects. You can get DC to 50 MHz at up to +/-

12 V or so into 50 Ohms.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Perhaps a DC servo amplifier is close to what you want.

Reply to
JosephKK