WTF is Skype's problem?

I get nagged nearly everyday to "upgrade". So today, I clicked the button.

Appearently, the new "feature" is a "click-to-call" capability. They show you photos of all your contacts, and you can just point and click to call them. Sounds cool, huh?

EXCEPT.... 98% of my contacts didn't post a photo. So instead, I get a bunch of image placeholders. And what's worse, they don't even bother to identify the contact unless you mouse-over first. With hundreds of contacts, who has time for that?

Idiots!! Their crack team of programmers should not assume that everyone uses Skype in the exact way they do.

I don't know which I am more annoyed by: The fact they they upgrade the user interface daily (and I use that term sarcastically), or the fact that their upgrades usually result in end-user confusion by relocating all the controls you used to know where they were.

Of course, I heard that Microsoft bought out Skype, and if there's any company out there that knows how to make a "new product" by updating a user interface and relocating all the controls - it's Microsoft!

OK - Rant off. But Skype, if you're listening. STOP IT. Bad dog.!

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Another issue with Skype I have is the fact that the self-view in a video conf is mirrorred. (the transmitted video is not mirrorred)

This is fine when doing a person to person call, but not so fine if I want to show an object (e.g. a flaw in a PCB, using an USB microscope), in which case my eye-hand coordination is confused.

Off course I can flip the video in the camera settings menu, but then I send out reverse video.

So far I did not find a means to reverse the selfview video.

Reply to
Blarp