Wiring diagram for a 92 ford thunderbird alternator to a battery

i have removed an alternator from a 92 ford thunderbird. all i need to do is connect it to a battery. What wires should go to the battery?

Reply to
troyrivera

i have removed an alternator from a 92 ford thunderbird. all i need to do is connect it to a battery. What wires should go to the battery?

Reply to
troyrivera

Case is ground.

RED terminal goes to battery plus.

I'm not sure whether '92 Ford has built-in regulator or a field terminal for external.

...Jim Thompson

i have an internal voltage regulator. i have a yellow wire, a green wire, and a white/black wire

Reply to
troyrivera

Ooooh! I don't have a clue. Since you "removed" it from a '92 Ford, did you pay attention to where the wires went ?:-)

BTW: Internal regulators generally have no wire, or a single wire to turn it on and light the "idiot light" (GM).

...Jim Thompson

I would take it to an auto parts store for testing: Advance Auto Auto Zone and have them tell me the the connections. I just replaced it on my 97 Taurus

Good luck, Dave

Reply to
EE123

[snip]

Good idea! I should have "thunk" of that, but I don't do much work on my own vehicles anymore... in fact I can't remember when I last had an alternator fail... been a VERY long time ago.

...Jim Thompson

Is there a reason that posting to a car repair group seemed like a bad idea?

*+ingroup:rec.auto.*

When I need wiring diagrams, I go to the library: http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:HRwSNbfOCzMJ:

(The old name was much cooler.)

Reply to