Will it work?

Some chips arrived, had not had a lot of time to work on this:

But placed some stuff, tested the VCO, changed the circuit to put the FIFOs in series..

Actually there is going to be a 10dB attenuater pad between VCO and that QAM modulator on the right, and 1.5 GHz connections are only a few mm on the PCB (SMD), longer on the chip adaptor.. a lot shorter than the wavelength..

GPS replay from Raspberry Pi, 4 MB IQ per second, recorded from GPS with a GPS mouse connected to a 4000 tuner USB stick. Will 8 K fifo be long enough to cover Linux task switching? If this works I can make a DVB-T modulator too, and send transport stream.

But it is one of many projects... :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

FIFOs in series..

QAM modulator on the right,

the chip adaptor.. a lot shorter than the wavelength..

a GPS mouse connected to a 4000 tuner USB stick.

stream.

I'd say that depends on how many birds do you want to track and where and how the DSSS chipping and frequency tracking is done.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk