fame

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser drivers and controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

kewl, I'm now the darling of hollywood too, it seems, or at least Pyongyang. (Or maybe you just need to turn off tracking cookies.) ;)

Not that "drudge" doesn't have some relationship to my life at the moment.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Don't think that I haven't tried!

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser drivers and controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

I like that non-sequiter cover; a picture of outer space .. somehow that makes it more interesting and eye-catching (salable).

Reply to
Robert Baer

Unless you use ghostery or similar you haven't tried at all.

Reply to
josephkk

I liked the plain slate blue cloth of the first edition, but that space picture was the best compromise I could arrange. The first cover design they showed me had a nebula picture that looked exactly like spilled blackberry yogurt.

I remember when they sent me the first copy of the first edition--somehow with the hard covers and all, I was tempted to start believing my own stuff. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

So, why no chapter on telescopes?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Well, there are a couple of examples in Chapter 1 on telescopes, but (a) I'm not a lens designer, and (b) there are a million books on that sort of stuff, e.g. Kingslake's "Optical System Design" and "Lens Design Fundamentals" and Smith's "Modern optical engineering" and "Modern Lens Design" on the pro side, to Jean Texereau's "How to Make a Telescope".

Cheers

Phil Hobbs