Why am I getting Javascript (form) or (this.form) errors?

In comp.lang.javascript message , Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:05:21, MassiveProng posted:

Feel free to contribute here in news:comp.lang.javascript, if you ever have anything useful to say; but not otherwise.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK.  ???@merlyn.demon.co.uk   Turnpike v6.05   MIME.
 Web   - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.

I don't see any code there (a few busted links). What sort of algorithm is it that you are trying to converge?

It is not enough to succeed.  Others must fail. -- Gore Vidal
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

See

for a tutorial and the underlying 14 x 14 equation set to be deterministically solved.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

In comp.lang.javascript message , Sat, 24 Mar 2007 21:21:52, Don Lancaster posted:

It seems almost instant now.

Check that you are taking full advantage of symmetry, and not calculating anything more than once - but I expect you did that. Don't recalculate pi/180 or 180/pi - in fact, work entirely in radians and cycles, except for I/O, of which there is little.

Minimise object lookups - e.g. document.mainform.fp1e.value = p1ed ; document.mainform.fp2s.value = p2sd ; ... becomes dmf = document.mainform // done only once

dmf.fp1e.value = p1ed ; dmf.fp2s.value = p2sd ; ...

For me, setting Q = Math.sin globally and using Q(0.1) instead of Math.sin(0.1) makes a small improvement.

p1e = eval (document.mainform.fp1e.value) // why eval? use p1e = +document.mainform.fp1e.value // see FAQ

Many, at least, of your eval calls are obviously not inner-loop; but I doubt whether any are needed.

I agree with what other CLJ users wrote - for a better S/N, post only there (FU set).

I did not have time to determine your iteration algorithm, and that's where the greatest gains must lie.

It appears, from that page, that it deals with something related to work I used to do - but perhaps you already know that. The page desperately needs a SMALL box near the top saying what a Magic Sinewave is (mainly for those who know the subject but not the term) with a link to .

I tried your code on my automatic re-indenter, but it seemed to be taking infinite time on that amount.

Once upon a time, I made a 16 2/3 Hz PSD (mains-locked) by switching (with reeds!) positive for one cycle of 50 Hz, off for half a cycle, negative for one cycle, off for half a cycle, repeated. Earlier, I built a three-phase oscillator with (IIRC) three OC71 transistors and 6 resistors - it generated 200 kHz trapezium waves, more or less.

--
 (c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. *@merlyn.demon.co.uk / ??.Stockton@physics.org
 Web   - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:gPOJH3E6QSkJ:

*-*+zzz+ECMAScript+originally.called+Nearly-all-of-the-books-about-JavaScript-are-*-awful+*-*-its-share-of-design-errors+*-*-*-earlier-implementations-*-*-were-*-buggy+*-*-*-*-*-*-buggy-*-browsers

Was it really *that* hard to paste:

...?

-Lost

Reply to