Where do I start my research?

Well, I would like to do some research with the switching topologies, while learning the Switching Mode Power Supply Knowledge and Design Calculations. But the scope of applications and conceptions is so wide that I do not know where to put my emphasis for my research. ( I am going to take further studies:- M.Sc, or M.Eng, and I would like to do research on Power Electronics, especially Pulse Width Modulation and Switching Topologies. It would include low frequency applications such as Inverters and Motor Controllers as well as SMPS and new class of signal amplifiers, I think)

Correct me if I am wrong, show me the way!!

Regards

Reply to
Myauk

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Reply to
Myauk

Myauk TOP-POSTED:

That certainly applies to the way you use Usenet.

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:SXIajvWUVHAJ:groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py=answer=12348+Tempting-though-it-is-*-*-*-*-*-*+remove-*-*-*-irrelevant+STOP+zz-zz+Summarize.what.you're.following.up+BOTTOM+qq+Usenet Observe how the majority of others post here and EMULATE that . Also note: This is NOT Google Groups.

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:VEjFh2CPNC4J:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet+*-posted-in+Binaries+newsreader+zz-zz+qq+newsreaders http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:ckj5Y3jkX-4J:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaries+plain-text-files+are-typically-contrasted-with-binary-files

JeffM

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:48:08 -0700, Myauk top-posted:

You can't get there from google. You need to contact your ISP, and find out if they have a real news server, and log in and use a real news reader.

Meanwhile, start with the basics.

How much do you know now? Ohm's law? Reactance? Phasors? Z-plane transforms? (I don't even know what that last one means, but it sounds kewl.)

You could poke around with some transistors and inductors and capacitors and stuff and actually see what happens; but to design something, there is a whole lot of math involved.

BTW, the convention on s.e.d is to trim and bottom-post.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise