SMPS core materials

I read a book and it said there are core materials like F,T,P,P7,C4,

3C8, N27, K, N, C40, 3C85, N67, etc.

I would like to know more about them form the point of view of Magnetics Design for SMPS.

Can anybody show me some ways of approaches to it????

Reply to
Myauk

Well, you said, "some" ways, so here's the way I tried: I called some core vendors on the telephone, and told them what I was trying to accomplish, and they recommended specific cores to me. Some even helped me with the design of the end product itself! :-)

Good Luck! Rich (admittedly, this was 15 or 20 years ago...)

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, I ambition is that I would become a product prototype designer some day with Swithcing Mode Power Supplies. That is why I am studying whatever possible with the topologies and basic conceptions. My friend who is a senior in professionalism usually says: " The basic concept is Buck and Boost, then you use inductors, transformers, place modules here and there, and then the whole world is Switching!". I intend to take my dissertation in Power Electronics for my M.Sc or M.Eng further studies and Swithing Topologies are my main interest. I am trying to find a region for me to research and make publications some day (say in five years from now on), although I actually am just a beginner!

By the way, I like your approach, Rich.

Now I basically understand how things are going on with ferrite core transformers.

Still, I have some confusions with the choice of frequency with the SMPS designs.

What are the c> >

Reply to
Myauk