Where can I order on electronic parts like varistors

I need a varistor but the parts places all want order sizes of 500 dollars. do you guys got some web sites that sell single parts/ thanks SC

Reply to
sMELLY_cAT

What's the matter, "Pooh," didn't have your nap? You sound a little bit cranky.

If, perchance, the poster does live in America, he has plenty of choices. There are the major suppliers such as Digi-Key, Newark, Mouser, Arrow and Allied, and then there are the surplus houses... All Electronics, Electronic Goldmine, BGMicro et al. I don't think Mouser has a minimum order. In general, however, a surplus house is much less likely to have a minimum order than is one of the major suppliers.

Reply to
kell

Mouser has no minimum order and they can ship 1st class mail (cheap).

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

try digikey.com newark.com alliedelec.com (the latter has good prices on power varistors)

Ignoramus27395

You don't say where you are geographically. Tthat probably suggests you're in the USA since only Americans would be either stupid or arrogant enough to consider that the rest of the world doesn't either exist or have access to Usenet - I think it's time you woke up to the 'global community'.

Having got that off my chest.....

If you live in a part of the world served by Farnell you can buy them

1 off there.

Not cheap for 1 offs but they stock a *vast* range of components, supplies, tools etc in great depth. At relatively modest quantities thay even sometimes become competitive with mainline distribution on commodity parts.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Mouser does not have a minimum order, so the total cost would be less than anything else in the USA. Digikey charges an extra $5 if order is under $25, Electronic Goldmine has a $6 S&H on top of absolute minimum $10 order, Arrow talks to "big guys" and may not mess with onsies or small orders, Newark and Allied have minimum orders. That said, find a rep for the maker of the part you need and ask for samples...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Arrow no longer has a minimum order requirement.

Reply to
kell

Once again, the angry child spouts off. So what if he's posting from Little Rock, AR and is an Alltel customer? I guess that usenet users from the rest ot the world "would be either stupid or arrogant enough" not to look at the headers and find out.

Having got that off my chest.....

Who gives a rats ass about how you feel? The newsgroup's name says nothing about you or Europe. European users do the same thing by discussing items only used where they live. So what if you post through plus.net and use a Hotmail E-mail account.

Tell, me, Pooh, when you talk to your neighbor about a location in your hometown do you automatically add the name of that town to the conversation?

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida