When was the BC107 introduced?

I have it listed in a 1970 Philips databook, but it's not in another (much smaller) databook of 1967.

Barry

Reply to
Barry Lennox

1960s.

------ My Philips Miniwatt short form catalogue dated March 1964 lists both the BC107 and BC109 but not the BC108.

It is probable that the BC107 and BC109 were in production in 1963.

Ross H

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Robert Latest schrieb:

:-) Same with me ... 'Sperrmüll' oh what a sweet sound in my ears.. My parent's throw out stuff, while I brought in at least twice as much ;-)

Last tuesday I salvaged two pressure sensors

Some weeks ago we ranged some stuff in the garage, I wanted to trash some old stuff and my (5a) daughter starts to shout 'STOP, you still can build something with that'. My wifes bright smiled comment: She's a chip off the old block.

metabastler

Reply to
Metabastler

Awesome. I wish I still had some of my 1964 literature. Could you put up a scan of that 1964 short-form catalog?

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Win, I scanned to pdf at 300dpi to retain resolution of small print and the zipped file is still around 10.5MB. Would abse allow that?

Ross

Reply to
Ross Herbert

yousendit.com allows for large files files, I've used it a few times for DV videos, seems to work

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

--------

Yes, but that's a fee per month service.

I might try re-scanning in smaller segmented blocks and post to abse bit at a time.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

nope,you can use the free lite thingummy

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

I didn't see that - thanks.. Might give it a go.

I have put the first 3 parts on abse anyway and will wait to see what the response is.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Yes of course, when you post it'll automatically be broken into smaller files and when we grab it it'll be automatically repaired.

Thanks for having that document, and thanks for the scan!

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Hi,

Use DjVu Solo to compress. I saw AoE with 532 doublepages scanned with aceptable quality in 15 MByte. IMHO 300 dpi grayscale.

Marte

I do have a original book, because it is much cheaper to buy this book (second hand) than print it myself ;-)

Reply to
Marte Schwarz

Yes, I have that djvu file. djvu is an amazing compression format, especially well suited for books. But then, the 90MB .pdf file I found isn't that much harder to download over high-speed internet.

The pdf file is pretty good quality (although not an honest proper vector file). But, sorry, I can't compare the quality of the djvu and pdf files, because I had to rebuild my computer and lost my ability to look at djvu files. Windows, of course, claims not to even know where to go to look for a djvu viewer. Terra Incognita.

Reply to
Winfield Hill

late

I just realised my eyesight isn't so good :-)

The catalog doesn't show the BC109 - it was actually the BF109 on the line following the BC107.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

OK. Were you going to post the rest of the catalog? (Please?)

Reply to
Winfield Hill

"Ross Herbert"

** That IS a damn strange place to find WW2 Messerschmitts being advertised ??

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hi Winfield,

google about DjVu Solo, it is free and great.

Marte

Reply to
Marte Schwarz

the

But that BF109 pre-dated the Philips version by nearly 30 years...

Reply to
Ross Herbert

"Ross Herbert" "Phil Allison"

** Most folk know when WW2 was - Ross.

How tedious of you .

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Dear, oh dear, oh dear...

You seem to reserve sole right to interpret and change context for yourself. When others respond you then interpret their comments as tedious or not relevant... or anything else you want.

It was YOU who changed the context from electronics to fighter planes.

You don't know your history either. WW2 started in 1939 and the Bf109 first flew in 1935 - well before WW2.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

on

being

years...

planes.

WW2.

Me109.

prefixed

I did sense that you were attempting humour - in your sad little way. When I responded in similar vein you immediately jumped up with your foot in your mouth as usual and attempted the "belittling" exercise which you are famous for. When I responded yet again, in a civil manner, you started out on your vitriole as we see in your latest post.

However, for someone who apparently had so much potential in becoming a mentor to others attempting to learn the skills in which you have beome somewhat proficient, it is sad to say you betray your abilities by belittling, criticising, accusing, and vilifying anyone who should have the temerity to even make a post on these newsgroups. All you are doing is frightening young people away from becoming involved and learning the very things which you learned during your formative years. You do neither yourself nor the fraternity of electronics techs and engineers any favours by engaging in such profoundly obnoxious behaviour and it is a wonder anybody would want to become involved at all in this industry with people such as yourself doing their damdest to scare them away.

Now in this particular instance have been caught out yet again... You claim to be so knowledgeable yet you didn't know that the Bf109 first flew at least 4 years before WW2 started. Now you try to escape by introducing a new furphy about "changing its name".

the Bf109 may have become known as the Me109 in countries fighting against Germany in WW2 but it still retained the Bf109 type number right till the end of the war in its country of origin.

Ross Herbert