What's this Ebay notice?

I'm getting the following notice on my Ebay account. It's on my sales page, I don't consider it a spoof.

"Your payouts are on hold until you update your account details. Please update by Jan 03, 2023 to avoid further restrictions."

When I click on the link it asks for my bank routing number and account number.

I have never had money from Ebay sales sent to me, I just buy more junk! Why is this starting now? Mikek

Reply to
Lamont Cranston

The IRS.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I had that* thought, but, why does Ebay need my bank info for that. Also, this should not be taxable income, I paid more for the items than I sold then for. Oh! I get a long term capital loss to write off. Right? :-( Mikek

*I know the IRS is trying to get income made through Venmo, Paypal, etc. I'm so glad they hired all those untrained IRS agents to help us.
Reply to
Lamont Cranston

The bank account number has nothing to do with the IRS. It's probably eBay policy for people who sell on eBay.

Reply to
Ricky

You have to give a SSN to open a bank account, but not to register on eBay.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Do NOT use the link provided. Go to Ebay directly without the link and look at your account. Assume the link is a phishing message unless/until you learn otherwise.

Reply to
John S

I'm not following a link, this is a notice on my selling page. Mikek

Reply to
Lamont Cranston