What is FoM?

Could anyone tell me what Factor of Merit is? What is its meaning? How to use it? Thanks.

Best, Allen

Reply to
Allen

"Allen"

** Go look it up on Google.

Look up "figure of merit " to.

You lazy shit.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Factor of Merit

Example E = knowledge/ignorance This is a quotient.

E is in terms of knowledge units per ignorance units.

E provides a means of comparing people. The higher E is ... the better.

Once you understand this..your E value with go up..

Not by much though.. Nobody can know everything so.. i is extremely high which greatly brings down E. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

And posting a message with no information, just needless insults, would result in a zero or negative FOM.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Allen hath wroth:

Figure of Merit. That was the gorgeous redhead, with the hourglass figure, sitting nearby in class, that merited my continuous attention. After a short medical vacation, her Figure of Merit was substantially enlarged. The larger her Figure of Merit, the less attention I paid in class, much to the detriment of my grades. Not having the guts to even ask her name, I substituted a code phrase, which happened to be "Figure of Merit". Ah, nostalgia.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Le Mon, 01 Oct 2007 07:18:18 +0000, D from BC a écrit:

Don't think so. It'd just be a measure of how much knowledge an individual could store. FoM, in my view, implies some usefullness at doing something. Your ratio simply don't express such a thing.

E = knowledge/people efficiency by defining how well an individual uses it's knowledge to do something useful would be more close.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

I prefer the US military designation. FOD (Foreign Object Damage).

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It depends. For a car, miles/gallon might be a FOM.

-- Uwe Bonnes snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt

Uwe Bonnes

Hey..that's catchy. :) Phil might like that. Example: "You dimfukk. Does your brain have FOD?" :P

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Well..it was a late night satirical post..

My belief is that FOM can be any formula of any measurable quantities to appraise value to use in comparing.

Example: chick magnet = income/ugliness The more $$$, the more you're a chick magnet. :P Tom Cruise has a high CM FOM. Even the most wealthiest guy that's butt ugly can out score Tom Cruises FOM.

So... gold digging women will find this FOM 'useful'.. Better? :P

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Hope This Helps! Rich