What is a C49-6784?

I bought a numeric keypad from a used electronics shop to use in a project. It comes with a din connector. I opened it and 2 wires from the din connector are going into this chip as well as all other keys.

Its a 44-lead plcc

It says T i 80 (in logo format, cant recognize) C49-6784

9219EEI (or L or | instead of the last I)

And cant find anything on it on google etc. Im hoping the din connector just talks serial, but the keys will need to be powered. The base voltage on the wires must be high to power the chip. There is a 10uF capacitor between the two wires before they power the chip, maybe its the way to maintain power with the serial transmission.

Anyway to find out what this chip is?

Reply to
Ghazan Haider

On 1 Oct 2005 21:21:53 -0700, "Ghazan Haider" put finger to keyboard and composed:

An 80C49 is an 8-bit mask ROMmed microcontroller. The "6784" refers to the ROM code. The logo belongs to Texas Instruments. This is a preprogrammed chip whose function is determined by the OEM.

9219 = YYWW date code, ie week 19 of 1992.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar