what does EXPRESS PCB use in background (newbie)

hi all, i am a newbie to pcb designing.i have dowloaded this software of express pcb. i want to know what simulation process it uses in background.........is it PSPICE? how can we make multi-layered architectures by using it.

also i would appreciate feedback on what prerequisities are required before using these kind of softwares.i am having backgound in embedded systems & i want to design a multilayered board for my application myself.

please do reply

Reply to
abhay

Don't use them, they're a scam. Get a real PCB software and use Olimex for the fabrication.

What do you mean? No PCB shop simulates your circuit.

What do you mean by multi-layered? Two layers?

Well, you just go ahead and do it. Download a real PCB program like Eagle, which I hear hobbyists like a lot. Just pop down a few parts and play with them.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

I have used Express PCB and it might be the most easy to use, but I have not been around using others much. Last I knew, it only featured power interlayers, and two sided circuits.

greg

Reply to
GregS

I'm not sure how you lit on that crippleware, but it was NEVER intended for the DIYer.

*-*-*-interoperable-*-*-*-*+zz-zz+to-them+lock-in-ware+*-*-to-print-*-you-*-jump-thru-hoops+*-*-you-*-pay-them-*-*-*-*+terrible
*-*-vendor+sole-purpose

If you want to get started learning ECAD on Windoze with no cash outlay, I suggest Cadsoft EAGLE Lite (will do small boards with 2 copper layers) or KiCAD: Open source (gratis and libre); powerful and fully functional.

If you have a Linux install, try gEDA: Open source (gratis and libre); powerful and fully functional.

Reply to
JeffM

Simulation??? *not* with that software!

Reply to
Robert Baer

...only if you can get it to (1) *completely* download, AND (2) install without crashing, AND (3) do more than sit there and look purty. After three times in the trying of Eagle and getting nowhere, somehow i got snookered into trying a 4th time only to be snagged by #1 above. I will use it only under one condition: that someone installs Win2K from scratch and then Eagle, *verify* that it works in real-world useage. Then i will buy that HD (money back guarantee if it does not work) and use it in my computer.

Reply to
Robert Baer

???Power interlayers?? How did you do that?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I've been using the free version of Eagle on my Win2K PC for a while. Downloaded from the .de download page (at DSL speed) with no issues. I've only used it a few times for schematics but no problems so far. I used an earlier version for a few layouts and didn't have any crashes.

The user interface seems a bit odd to me, but that's my only complaint so far. Especially at the price.

Reply to
xray