Still looking - Solaris drivers for GPIB board.

I've tried sending email to .jpgs before, but Adriana Lima still won't reply. I think she's avoiding me.

-- jm

Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam

John Miles

I am still looking for the Solaris (SPARC) drivers for a PCI based National Instruments GPIB board. Anyone have them spare?

This is for a *home* project (not a professional one), comparing one oscillator (quarts) against another (rubidium) for stability. As such, I am unable to justify the cost of the drivers from National Instruments.

(They are more expensive than the card, although I did not buy the card new. In fact, if I was to buy the drivers new, they would cost me more than the card and the time inerval counter I will use to compare the two oscillators).

I'm sure someone must have them sitting around and not using them. I've looked on eBay, but have drawn a blank.

If you can help in any way, please drop me an email to:

Dave

Resign, Go with the flow:

Get the absolute cheapest Windows XP PeeCee that can possibly run the Card, VIA Epia f.ex. are Neat, or steal one out of a dumpster.

Set up a suitable proxy to run the card over TCP/IP, hide the Win-XP box somewhere where it cannot be seen from the Solaris box and pretend to be pure in spirit.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Does this help?

Cheers,

Ram

Reply to
rmeenaks

Isn't that software for controling a $500 piece of external hardware that comes from National Instruments? The hardware looks to me like an Ethernet to HPIB bridge.

<

carl

--
    carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                 clowenst@ucsd.edu

Thanks, but none of this is necessary now - I found the drivers in Labview will work independatly of it, so I'm not tied to using labview, although I might well learn that for future use. But someone sent me a bit of C code to control the instrument I have, and it seems to work OK (after a few changes, as he used OpenBSD, and I'm using Solaris).

Reply to
Dave