Volume bar of windows should be vertically longer.

Humans according to decibel scale can hear a wide spectrum of volumes.

I found the windows volume bar lacking in this regards.

Steps of 0 to 100 or not enough.

This should be more like 0 to 1000 or so,

Or at least 0 to 200

Or 0 to 300.

Consider making this bar vertically longer for more precission !

Without this new feature I cannot set my denon receiver to -30 db which is probably better, currently it stuck on -20 db.

Though if I would set it on -30 db it would be even softer which is weird, cause sometimes I want it a bit louder.

Strange stuff these volume bars.

Bye for now, Skybuck.

P.S.: Next time I am in windows 11 virtual machine I will try to fill feedback report on windows 11 maybe it can still be integrated/improved into there.

There should be at the very least a registry option to increase the length and precision of the volume bar, perhaps it already exists ?

Reply to
skybuck2000

Mine goes from 0% to 100% ...

... in tenths of a % increments.

It's currently at 95.7%

Apps may be able to access head pose information when playing spatialized audio.

That's what the Sound thing in System Preferences tells me, anyway.

Reply to
corvid

Come to think of it there is another way to control volume output levels.

ASIO driver and ASIO in foobar settings.

And perhaps also DoD or something...

Once that setting is chosen ASIO and DoDp or whatever it was... then it becomes possible to set the output level directly with DB...

However this is ofcourse kinda strange cause the rest of the software don't work like that... and the ASIO driver makes switching music laggy/take long which sucks.

And I want to be able to set general windows audio/output levels.

Perhaps it's time Windows 11 volume setting/mixer gets updated with some kind of ASIO support ! ;)

and DB support ! ;)

Bye for now, Skybuck.

Reply to
skybuck2000