Truck parked by my house

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

John Larkin wrote

Are those power lines? Looks like a horrible third world mess to me.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Am 22.08.2018 um 05:40 schrieb snipped-for-privacy@nospam.org:

Error 404.

Replacement mess - Energy distribution in Kathmandu, Nepal:

<

Zoom in to see the subtleties. You need to take that picture if you are an EE.

Cheers, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

404
Reply to
Robert Baer

File no longer available.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

My side of the street has all underground stuff. The city is slowly (did I say slowly?) being converted to all underground wiring.

Where is a good copper thief when you need one?

Someone told me that about half the electrical power in India is unmetered/stolen. Apparently any military vet assumes he can have free power forever.

In New York city, only a few per cent is stolen. People in adjacent buildings will cut through walls and steal one anothers power. Often in both directions.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Same here, and I'm not running Win98.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

When at university my daughter's house's boiler broke down. They found that one shower still had hot water - because the plumbing came from the adjacent house.

And I really don't want to think about the panel where the electricity supply entered the house. Qualified electrical contractors blanched and said the utility company would have to get involved!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

We're saved from having to look at it!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Here. They got two of our houses for all the plumbing after we moved here. Me and Hillbilly (more on him some other day) went around looking in the sc rapyards but gave up because we were getting no cooperation. Even with conn ections they are not going to send a cop to accompany me there and demand t o see the load. See, in the basement there was paint on some of the pipes. I brought a sample off the wall or whatever to compare. They gave us the bu llshit about insurance. Too bad I don't personally know any judges, I could have gotten a warrant and estopped them from shipping any copper out to NY or wherever they send it. My Jewish lawyer not only would have probably wa nted $ 100 to do it, and I needed it RIGHT NOW. See I had a lead on whoduni t. A boarder next door. We let him park in the drive so the place would loo k lived in and the plumbing wouldn't get stolen. My examination of the snow on the ground indicated that no footprints had left the yard from the side door. He was usually backed in which makes for good cover. When I discover ed this he was pulled in. In his pickup truck which showed signs in the sno w in the bed of having had a load in it. I started to take pictures. They s aw. I told the owner of that house that I suspected his roomie. The roomie moved out very quickly. I took a beating on that house, but in retrospect, if I were to have pulled out the plumbing and replaced it with PVC I would have made money. You can have all the copper thieves you want. I'll send th em to you - in a bag.

unmetered/stolen."

Then they should investigate the Tesla system. The theory is not proven but almost sound. If they can't enforce the law maybe they should just do that , the major problem of which was the inability to meter it.

buildings will cut through walls and steal one anothers power. Often in both directions. "

The olman said it well - Fuck me f*ck you, works both ways". I read somewhe re that in NYC they arrested a guy trying to kill his neighbor with an Xray machine.

Must be really friendly folk there.

Reply to
jurb6006

plumbing came from the adjacent house. "

Adjacent HOUSE ? What, they run the pipe under the driveway n shit or what ?

the electricity supply entered the house. Qualified electrical contractors blanched and said the utility company would have to get involved! "

Just shut it off and follow the darkness. Better yet, if in the US find som ething you don't know where it goes, nothing works with this on and everyth ing works with this off right ? Well on that line, someone wants voltage. G ive it to them. If it is not properly grounded or common neutraled give it voltage, 240. If properly grounded or whatever, get a BIG transformer and s tep it up. Got a big isolation transformer ? Use it as a boost transformer and give them all the voltage they can handle. If you see smoke coming out of a neighboring house, you have found the culprit. If you got two BIG isol ation transformers use them both for boost and the smoke will probably be e asier to follow. And of course don't let any puny circuit breakers get in t he way of their having electricity. Only the main to keep the ones from blo wing on the pole or wherever.

They want electricity - give it to them.

Reply to
jurb6006

Does it have a sign painted on it that says "UNMARKED INCONSPICUOUS VAN" ?

Reply to
jurb6006