Visio Stencil for National Instruments components

Looking for a stencil that contains National Instruments components.

Reply to
Eric Anderson

Make that

Looking for a Visio stencil that contains National Instruments components such as PXI chassis, PXI modules, CRio components, etc.

Reply to
Eric Anderson

Why not make them yourself?

You just know I'm going to call you a lazy arse....

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Lazy, but smart!! Who wants to reinvent the wheel

Reply to
Eric Anderson

Many have tried, but few have reinvented a round wheel.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Every time I create a mechanical design that's got rotating parts, I have to draw them from scratch - does that count? ;-)

Cheers! Rich Grise, Contract Inventor

Reply to
Rich Grise

I would be very interested in any information someone here can dig up about Visio being used for diagramming National Instruments equipment such as PXI chassis, Compact Rio and their associated components..

I have looked pretty widely (even at the NI site) and have found very little on the subject. There is a company that makes the stencils, but they want $450 for a year's subscription. Maybe someone here can tell me what the alternative approach to what I am doing might be. If I was just doing NI equipment only, I guess just using the NI diagrams would be the way to go. However, the NI equipment represents just part of the system we are building. We have 6 CAN buses and a number of other pieces of equipment interconnected that we have to represent in an overall system schematic. Visio seems like the ideal way of easily showing all these pieces of equipment.

Sure I can (an am) creating my own stencils, but if someone has made them already, It would be nice to not reinvent them.

I feel that the NI community should have some of the most innovative people in engineering as members. I therefore wonder if I am missing something here. Is there another way people draw up overall system schematics that represent many other pieces of equipment of which NI components are just part of the system?

Reply to
Eric Anderson