Video: Skynet ? on a Pentium 166 from 1997 ?

Video: Skynet ? on Pentium 166 from 1997 ?

I may need some help to retrieve these files from this Pentium 166 ?!

I will try my own udp file transfer tool later and use network technology.

Problem right now is:

CD-Rom drive of DreamPC is basically broken. Floppy dick/disk lol what a typo ain't present. Pentium 166 does not have USB ports for usb harddisk.

Backup CD's are oxidized and data corrupted ?!

This could maybe also be a source of skynet data corruption ?! ;) Then again so far windows refuses to read data corruption into itself ?! Was this a protection feature to prevent skynet from being created ?! ;) =D

Do you electronics designers ever think about data corruption and how it might accidently create skynet by creating a random computer program by chance ?! ;) =D

Anyway it would be nice if a USB 2.0 external harddisk could be attached to the pentium 166. Perhaps later I google if there is any solution.

I also tried the USB 2.0 external harddisk on a pentium 3, 450 mhz, which does have usb ports, but they are probably only usb 1.0.

Windows xp on the pentium 3 does detect the driver and it does install some kind of driver maybe, but the drive doesn't show up in windows explorer ?!

So I am guessing it is unusuable ?!

I am too scared to attach the computers to the internet for any updating because of virusses lurking around, so trying windows update to see if there are any more recent drivers or so is out of the question ! ;) =D

Also network corruption could also be a source of skynet ! ;) =D

Also let me know if you ever had any freak corruption accident like this ;)

Alternatively these files could be renamed to *.exe or *.com just to see what would happen =D

I hope you enjoy the story and also there is a little lesson/warning to be learned from it.

Especially for programmers working in large data centers ! ;) =D

Bye for now, Skybuck.

Reply to
skybuck2000

The mind boggles !!

--
Rheilly
Reply to

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:71b3e173-b035-4390-9723- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

GO AWAY, YOU RETARDED FUCKHEAD!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

For a usb hdd you could add a usb card. Boot it up into a lightweight low ram linux from a stick or cd For a cd if you dont have an old PATA one you could fit a PATA to SATA card or adaptor, or use the usb card. Easier though to take the old hdd out & hook it up to new pc. Updating machines that old is often a bad idea, can make them so sluggish they're not functional. USB1 may be excessively slow but it could get some data off eventually - just fit a usb2 card, theyre cheap. And yes I've seen some corrupted freaks.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

There are DOS programs for parallel port and for serial port data transfer. About as secure as one would want short of data police breaking in and stealing (sorry, politically correct term is "confiscate") the stuff.

Reply to
Robert Baer