Video Decoder with Non-standard video formats

Hi,

Video Decoders like TI's TVP5150 and AD's ADV7183 can decode analog base-band singal into digital format. My question is. Does it decode pal with 420 lines or something non-standard. The reason I ask is when I connect a 420 line output camera to my tuner card it can decode it without any problem and I assume some sort of decoder is present in the card. Thanks in advnace.

prizark

Reply to
prizark

The ADV7181 can be setup to automatically detect the 4 different variations of NTSC, the 7 different variations of PAL, or SECAM. It converts any of them to ITU-R BT.656 (YCrCb 4:2:2).

The ADV7183 is very similar to the ADV7181.

PAL is typically 625 lines (total, including sync), but one of those 7 variants might support fewer vertical lines. I don't know PAL specs, but I recently used the ADV7181 in an NTSC application, and had considered the ADV7183 (but it was 'overkill').

Tom

Reply to
tlbs