Vehicle Shutdown Switch

A provision was hidden in the recently passed federal budget requiring auto shut down switches in vehicles built in 2026 or so. It's supposed to keep impaired people from driving. It sounds like one of those ideas that might cause more harm than good. It also seems like something that would be really hard to do give the differences in people.

That article cites opinion by Bill Barr.

Dean Hoffman

No, I'm pretty sure they can't devise a law that will protect the rest of us from you.

Reply to
Ricky

Are you off your meds today? WTF are you talking about?

Reply to
Ricky

I think it started out as a fairly simple device to keep a vehicle from starting if the potential driver was drunk. Mothers Against Drunk Driving was pushing it originally. I used to drink. It's easy to open a can of Bud while underway. Things get complicated quickly.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman