varicaps?

I think

nly

than a

not

When I looked for low resistance switches I found no shortage of low voltag

--
  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricky C

If you ever need a really fine and well-matched low capacitance quad switch check out the SD5400 series. Just keep in mind that ESD-wise they are the princess on the pea. One wee sneeze ... phut ... gone.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The SD5400 series are the same technology as the Si8901, iirc.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Originally designed and made here in Sydney, I believe. Each time that company invents something useful, the technology gets sold off by selling the company minus the R&D, and the company is reborn under a new name, so I can never remember the name(s). They've done it at least four times though.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

And the people probably get to live somewhere where the beer is better and the wildlife isn't all trying to kill them. A win all round. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I dunno, the beer scene is incredible in Melbourne (most of those are available here) and the local Four Pines is pretty good. Modus Operandi is fantastic but at a silly price (like $double most craft beers). I've been enjoying Grand Ridge recently, from Gippsland. If you haven't visited Melbourne in the last five years, I daresay you really don't know enough to comment on the beers. And the coffee scene is better than anywhere else on earth, including Seattle.

Wildlife... well I haven't died yet. Seen the odd shark while swimming (even a few scary ones - we get out!) and a funnel-web spider once, but apart from that, the worst I've had is a couple of tick bites.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Well, local loyalty is a nice thing. Have you been to Seattle or NY recently?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I've been told that Aussies won't drink Fosters themselves. They only export it.

Science teaches us to doubt.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

The Monk's Kettle near here always has one draft available for about $75 a glass.

The burgers are good. And there is always a Pot Pie of the Night.

Science teaches us to doubt.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

I forget when I last drank any CUB product, but it must be well over a decade.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Not since 2016, and only west coast then. How recently do you mean?

Love that shot and caption :)

I have a similar shot I took when I caught a micro-bat in our house once, before I released it outside. It had come down the chimney and was flying about the living room. I cornered it in the laundry and managed to throw a hand-towel over it to catch it without getting bitten, then got it by the scruff of the neck. Impressive teeth and snarl for something the size of a mouse.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 4:42:26 AM UTC-7,

What I've found is that the Artix built-in ADC is OK for supply voltage/ current monitoring, but poor for temperature. The error varies from one part to the next, but I often see 30C to 33C right after power-on in a 25C environment. The reading is always artificially high.

No idea about the linearity, but given how bad the +b part is, I'm not optimistic about the Mx part.

It probably doesn't help the overall XADC performance to put the relevant power and reference pins right in the middle of the BGA footprint, where it's hard to get clean voltage to them. That's not the cause of the temperature anomaly, but it might have something to do with whatever problems you've had.

-- john, KE5FX

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

We've used the XADC for power supply monitoring and for compensating delay tempcos internal to the chip. Neither needs a very good ADC, so we can't complain of problems. It's a free, mediocre ADC.

On some older chips, we've used a ring oscillator to measure die temperature, to evaluate pcb thermals and fpga heat sinking.

Science teaches us to doubt.