Re: Query: Specialized old clock

The 31 day movement is a Korean invention.

Thanks for the info. I blundered across an Arduino version of the calendar clock which adds a few features (atomic clock sync, month, tides, chimes): For the Time Nut who has everything. More such clocks:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

What a horrible site. Nothing will keep still.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

"Time is nature's way to keep everything from happening all at once." Be thankful that time continues to move (albeit in a circular manner). Were time ever to stop moving forward, everything would collapse to zero length and move at the speed of light.

I just burned an hour looking at the various Arduino clock implementations. I smell yet another "fun" project coming.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Remember the watches with little bubble magnifiers for the scrolling 31 position day indicator?

We had to set those forward a day on 30 day months and for February by hand too. Then they eventually had some that "know" what month it is and do it themselves.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jeff Liebermann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

One of my favorite quotes. Entropy is a bitch.

I had a little 1.5 inch gold button with blue writing on it of that quote.

If someone bitched at me about how fast I was working I would pull it out of my tools and put it on.