Vaporizing dust during chip manufacturing ?

Thanks for the correction. Got a bad relation in my head. Maybe it is the ratio of explosive mass, to the amount that actually "goes missing".

... 2kg equates to 42.96 Mt, or 1 Mt =3D 21.48 gm (if Wikipedia is to be believed.)

And the other's point about the OP meaning chip manufacturing vs. the chips from machining a block of material is well taken. The equivalent "hand grenade" explosion of converting a dust mote to energy, somehow avoiding destroying the chip circuitry and its various photo processes, will still be unworkable.

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

Are matter anti-matter annihilations being observed in uni labs on a regular basis?

Common sense is the rule of the day.

A puff of wind provides all the action reaction energy we need to move a dust particle through sea level atmosphere. Why burn more than needed?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

And obviously you are another "idea man" even more stooopid than I am!

Reply to
Benj

Come on, you moron! He's an "idea man"! Why does he care "WHY" dust is a problem. He's just giving your stooopid ass the answer to SOLVE the problem!

Idiot.

Reply to
Benj

Yes ... and in (big) hospitals too. Google "PET scan".

George

Reply to
George Neuner

Unfortunately that Wikipedia value of 17.975e16 J/kg is wrong.

In SI units, a joule = newton*meter = (kg*m/s^2)*m = kg*m^2/s^2 = kg*(m/s)^2

E = MC^2 ~= 1.0 kg *(3e8 m/s)^2 = 9e16 J

Eric

Reply to
EricP

Ah... molecular level stuff. Only about one ten millionth of what one would need to take care of a dust particle.

Still quite implausible.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

AlwaysWrong is *ALWAYS* wrong. How _do_ you do it? Mass is mass (didn't we just have that discussion, Dimmie?).

Nope. It gets converted from mass to energy. E=MC^2, ya' (don't) know.

Irrelevant. It ended up 46ish grams short.

More irrelevance (your middle name).

AlwaysWrong, *HOW* can you be so wrong? Always!

Reply to
krw

Just like Skyduck's ignorant trolling.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

So 46 micrograms == 1 ton of TNT.

46 ng == 2 pounds of TNT

So converting dust to energy might be a little hard on silicon wafers.

John

It was stupid of you for even considering it.

Just like your 'figure it out in your head in less than a minute' crap you claimed you and your associates used to do, you should be able to make this determination within ten seconds.

You failed. Nothing unusual there.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Still do. Just did (an SPI ADC/FPGA timing situation), just a minute ago.

Less, of course. That wasn't the point.

I enjoy playing with numbers, because I like numbers. You hate and fear numbers. Get over it and you'll be better off.

John

That embedded : "converting dust into energy might be a little hard"
makes the rejection of the proposition pretty much a no-brainer.

Not a criticism of you John, (for once ;) a criticism of the fancied,
but not really worked out process required to render silicon fissile.

Johm Fields
Reply to
John Fields

You're the one that got it wrong, multiple times.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

They were deluded into thinking that they could 'hit' the particle with some undetermined amount of 'anti-matter'.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

" It is easier to place most of the manufactuing process in a vacuum and eliminate the dust particles. {Hint: dust cannot float in a vacuum to land on the wafers, but drops like a rock to the floor.} "

According to my physics class in high school a perfect vacuum cannot be created and there will always be some air left over...

Concerning issue's with damage to chips by vaporization:

  1. First create a vacuum.

  1. Then convert any floating(?)/remaining dust particles to energy.

  2. Then place wafers inside it and start vacuuming.

Alternatively plan:

Slowly turn dust into energy to prevent nuclear explosion ;) :)

Another crazy idea would be to use water and produce the chip in water...

Somehow purifieing water and maybe water better than air ? But I doubt it ;)

I just had another idea:

  1. First create a vacuum as good as possible.

  1. Then highly charge the surroundings of the vacuum with static electricity.

Hopefully this will attract all remaining floating dust particles.

  1. Perhaps keep it like that... and start producing the chip.

  1. Otherwise if the static charge is to be disabled, first vaporize the dust particles on the side or wipe them off ?!?

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Google semiconductor clean room

Serious people work on this.

John

And if people would just quit answering him, I wouldn't see anything from him at all...

Joe Pfeiffer

None that would keep a dust particle lofted though you ZERO common sense dumbfucktard!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Sure, dumbfuck. There are folks in all the clean rooms around the world wandering around with rags, wiping things free of their accumulated dust.

Jeez, dude. Do the world a favor. Spend the next week locating a gun, and then release the world from your utter stupidity by using it on yourself.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever