Using aluminum foil for protecting wires?

No, no! I was talking about the one where it *didn't* smoke. That's what constitutes a successful "smoke test". :-) i.e., not consolations, but congrats that it _didn't_ smoke. You have had a *successful* smoke test, right? If not, I'll just go back to lurking - this is a fascinating saga. :-)

BTW, just FYI, everybody makes smoke come out of stuff. (those parts run on magic smoke, you see, and as long as you don't let the smoke out, everything should still be nominally OK.) It's when it doesn't let the smoke out that it's something special. :-) :-) :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

That's nice, I buy a lot of stuff from Mcmaster. The little consolation about the smoke test is that it happened due to a fuckup AFTER everything worked with my original snubber setup.

Ignoramus20878

Oh, I see. Yes, there was a successful smoke test where 200 amps was chopped for 2 minutes (until the breaker blew), and nothing was wrong.

Then I started messing with the snubber circuit, connected things wrong, and fried stuff up.

Hm... Yes, I kind of think of it as my baptism, but I wish that it did not happen.

Ignoramus5455