Storage trays for electronic components

I have a few dozen kinds of expensive electronic components that I buy and sell, including various kinds of unusual memory simms and processors. I want to be able to keep them organized in trays that I can store and display.

I was thinking of using compartmented wooden trays for this, but I haven't found any with compartments that are the right size (at least

4.25 inches or so for memory simms).

There are trays that people use for displaying watches, bracelets, etc. that have the right sized compartments, but they're usually made of other materials, like velvet, velveteen, plastic, etc.

I'm not sure which of these materials is safe for ESD sensitive devices.

Any opinions or ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Hamad bin Turki al Salami

Jameco still sells these

JeffM

That would be perfect, except that it seems to be too small. The compartments are only big enough for a 16 pin DIP. For a 72 pin simm, I need compartments that are more than 4 inches long.

Reply to
Hamad bin Turki al Salami

I have found that index card (3" x 5") files work well for storage of small parts. I put SMT components in coin envelopes, which are easy to label and inexpensive. Also, such card files can often be found very cheap or free, at places like libraries that are converting to computerized indexes. If you can find some cassette tape cases, they might be about the right size for your components. You can use aluminum foil to wrap the components for static protection.

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

The Bug Box system also includes trays without partitions. I got a set from Jameco ages ago but they don't seem to carry them now. One place that does is

A size up

Or super-sized

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA