Unknown IC

Hi Guys,

See abse for pictures. Thanks:

A few days ago I mentioned that I had a couple of mysterious IC's that I had found in a box of semiconductors.  Attached are two photos of the device "p1.jpg" showing the top and its markings.  The calibrated scale at the top is 0.5mm divisions.  The second photo "p2.jpg" shows a shot of the bottom of the device. Notice that it has four groups of three gold plated leads.  I left it in its anti static foam, so the black background is the A/S foam.

They are/were in anti static bags with a "Ferranti" label sealing the bag. I don't think that the manufacturers logo is "Motorola" !  I've not found this one yet.

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.

I don't think that SED accepts attachments. Try at news:alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Ferranti Semiconductor (iirc) was bought by Plessy and then I lost track of them. I used the Ferranti ZN428 8 bit DAC in a few designs. Was a good fit at the time. Then I realized that any CMOS dac could be run backwards (ref voltage into the 'current output' and take the voltage output from the ref 'input').

Reply to
Oppie

Oppie Inscribed thus:

It doesn't ! I did say see "abse" for the pictures ! ;-)

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.