Uniting gravity with EM radiation (2023 Update)

Uniting gravity with EM radiation

Most things are simple in physics, when we came from 'epicycles' to describe the motion of the planets around earth, to the simplicity of 'circles' for planets orbiting the sun, things got much simpler.

We know from experiment it seems gravity moves at light speed.

In the old Le Sage model gravity is caused by small particles moving in all directions at high speed, causing a shadowing system where objects are pushed those together.

What now if those Le Sage particles really exist, and were traveling at the speed of light? What could then be the difference between electromagnetic radiation and that gravity radiation?

In other words: could a Le Sage type particle carry EM radiation? Well, what if it was just spin? Le Sage particles given a spin (like by an electron) would then be EM radiation, and in turn would interact with - / transfer spin to say for example electrons far away after traveling there at light speed.

19 lines Thank you

Note: no not photons, those are just a mathematical construct. If photons are wave packets in the water then Le Sage particles would be the molecules making up the water (stream).

Thoughts: Could we manipulate Le Sage particles, say changing those to EM type spin in one direction, slow those down with EM fields, and then put them back to non EM like spinless mode for propulsion?

Can we create a black hole by above method?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Not a unification, but a very decent analogy:

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Is gravity quantized, and is there an associated particle? Then it will be noisy, sort of cosmic Johnson noise. But probably too small to detect. I wonder if neutron fountains are noisy.

The finite velocity of gravity sure distorts Newton's orbital calculations and the dynamics of the universe.

It would be fun to have an enormously dense particle, a gravitational super magnet. It would make a great toy.

Reply to
jlarkin

That's not clear; the selection rules of atomic spectroscopy are insistent on spin = 1, which the 'mathematical construct' of classical radiation does not provide for.

Reply to
whit3rd
<snip>

It's called a rotating black hole.

I wouldn't let a child play with one. Fortunately they aren't all that accessible. At the moment it takes a LIGO to find possible candidates, and so far they've only detected signals where the rate of rotation has been changing quite fast.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

On a sunny day (Sun, 1 Aug 2021 17:35:25 +0200) it happened Piotr Wyderski snipped-for-privacy@protonmail.com wrote in <se6evu$iv9j$ snipped-for-privacy@portraits.wsisiz.edu.pl>:

Very nice link, did not know Penrose was into that. I have seen several of his lectures online.

Guess all is pointing in the same direction. I like Le Sage theory, wrote some simulation many years ago that to my surprise really worked...

's_theory_of_gravitationAlways looking for some mechanical explanation.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I think the Koran says that any islamic country must always be islamic. That includes, say, Spain. So the jews must be driven into the sea. Some of the regional countries are more dogmatic than others about this.

Reply to
jlarkin

A bit unexpected, since Jews and Moors lived in harmony in Spain under Muslim rule for literally hundreds of years, until the Christians expelled both Jews and Muslims. Or forced conversions and then expelled the ones they thought under close examination were not quite sincere enough. They're getting around to redressing some of that, a bit, five hundred+ years late. Last I heard they'd issued a few thousand visas.

Iran has many synagogues and tens of thousands of Jews living there, so I guess they're one of the less dogmatic ones.

The Saudi dictatorship is okay with Jews visiting but not so much with synagogues (or churches). Their rulers and their equivalents in the Emirates don't seem to be too eager to drive anyone into the sea though. Except maybe Yemenese children.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

On a sunny day (Thu, 05 Aug 2021 07:46:02 -0700) it happened snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well, apart from fanaticism, (we had the crusades too) there was for example a deal between Iran, US, and many European countries to limit uranium enrichment in Iran. Done under President Obama, When the evil jewish leader Trump came to power (and God punished the people for that choice with Covd) trumpman stepped out of that deal, he did the same exit with treaties about nuclear disarmament with Russia. Made life very difficult for China too.

That is a RECENT example of not negotiating.

If you declare yourself a superior race and treat others like dirt, then you ASK for a reaction. It has been like that all over the ages.

And the future is clear to see.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Trump did claim that he was a "stable genius", which has to be one of the more comical misapprehensions. The likely reaction is laughter.

Like what?

Or Jan thinks it is, which has to be another comical misapprehension. He might not be as far out of touch with reality as Trump was, but he's still pretty comical.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

On a sunny day (Fri, 6 Aug 2021 00:03:02 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Anthony William Sloman snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Thank you :-)