Uninterruptible Power Supply Design

I am an electronic engineer working on an offline, 500 VA UPS design for our local market. After several months of my experience, I came to know that there are much more things to learn about UPS Desingns. I am ready to share my knowledge on UPS systems. I invite anyone interested in the design and development of UPS systems

Reply to
Myauk

You're going to make them cheaper than the $150.00 unit down at the local Office-Max?

Kewl!

Break a Leg! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

Arghh, got mine for a 100, in real, not dumb rightwing Jim T USA money

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

OK... Let's hear it ! Share away ! boB

Reply to
boB_K7IQ

Always interested to share and learn about ups's

StefanV

Reply to
stefanv

The trend of our development include studying the designs which are already developed and imported into our local market, Myanmar.

Now I have schematics of two different low end off-line UPS designs.

And a scheme of calculation for the transformer trun ratios, the tongue width, the thickness of laminations etcs.

I am now preparing the detailed descriptions of our development procedure and the results of testing the UPS design,

There is one thing I do not know here.

How can I include my Protel documents, Microsoft word and power point documents and others here????

Reply to
Myauk

No. You could put them in the alt.binaries.schematics.electronic, or on a web site.

In any case, it would be best to print your documents (particularly the Protel documents) to .pdf format - then anyone can read them. If you post the original Protel documents, only people with Protel will be able to see them.

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

My design include 3524 and the output wave form is modified sine wave

We studied the Thai Design and improve it to fit in the local conditions of our country, Myanmar. I have studied the voltage regulation concepts, the inverter concepts, the control procedures, form the design and now I could be able to calculate and change the component values except the line filters. As far as I have studied, the output filter design should include the consideration of the type of load, and the estimate of RLC values of the load in addition to the consideration of output wave form produced without the filters. However I would like to calculate and estimate the required values for line filters practically. The design is intended to use for under 500VA with four FETs, push pull. We are also trying to design with PICs Right now my design has spikes when it has no load. When the load is connected the spike level is reduced to some extent

Reply to
Myauk