Unemployed? give employer incentive.

If you are unemployed you can give a prospective employer a tax incentive to hire you.

How much can the employer save? $9,000 over two years First year 400+ hours worked = 40 percent of the first $10,000 in wages (up to $4,000) Second year 50 percent of the first $10,000 in wages (up to $5,000)

Just go commit a crime and become; An ex-felon who:

a.. Was released within the last year, or b.. Is participating in a work-release program. If you are an upstanding citizen, the government is against you!

amdx

Yup. Some government dingbat probably figured that an ex-con with no money, hanging out on street corners with time on their hands, was probably more prone to committing a crime than the same guy who has to work eight hours a day, talking to normal people, and maybe making enough to almost get by.

Idiots! What are they thinking!

And to lose $9000 in tax revenue -- why, that's got to be something like

1/10th the cost of putting someone back into jail for a few years if they commit another crime! So clearly helping a felon get back onto the straight and narrow makes no economic sense what so ever! And clearly we're not put on this earth to help our fellow man -- oh no! There's charities for that! Foundations! Stuff!

Yup. Kick them when they're down. It's the Christian thing to do.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

The point is, the felon gets a job because he committed a crime and the upstanding citizen gets the shaft. MikeK I like your term "government dingbat"

Reply to
amdx

The felon gets a job because we'd like to salvage a good citizen out of the disaster he's made of his life. Obviously that's not your point -- you appear to prefer that he goes out and commits more crime, so you can feel good about spending $30K/year or $50K/year or whatever it takes in your state to incarcerate him.

I suspect that if you did some honest digging you'd find plenty of support for honest citizens with job troubles, starting with unemployment insurance (which a newly 'graduated' felon doesn't get, and which is going to pay out a _lot_ more than $9000) and going on from there.

But your original post does make a nice sound bite.

For every complex problem in this world, there is an answer that is short, simple, and wrong.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Furthermore, since the government is *still* paying one to be unemployed (now it seems up to 3 years?) and that income is tax free, one makes more money being a bum than doing honest work. There is a fair percentage of the "unemployed" that *refuse* work because of that. OTOH, there are some that will work on the side (off the books, payment under the table etc)..

Reply to
Robert Baer

...that is spelled "symple"...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Four years (100wks + 2 years in the latest boondoggle). Unemployment insurance *is* taxable.

Define "fair". I know some who would schedule unemployment but I would think that was a rather constant number (doesn't account for the 2-3x increase in unemployment).

Sure. Some. That's always happened, too, particularly teachers (summer) and construction workers (winter). I don't see a reason for that number doubling or tripling.

Reply to
krw

I'm not really with you on this. I don't see it as a zero-sum game where improving one guy's life means bringing somebody else down. In fact, getting people out of prison and into jobs is a win for everybody. It will cost YOU less in taxes in the long run.

Reply to
Michael Robinson

I see that I got a response, but I'm going to refrain from reading it, if it came from "Ultimate Patriot." I don't think I'll peruse the characters that came from his tippy-typing fingers. I figure whatever he wrote, it's not for my innocent eyes.

Reply to
Michael Robinson

Preferably with padded walls.

Reply to
JW

Reading comprehension issues again show you for the complete and utter retarded twit, by choice and action, that you are.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

You sound like Yoda, that you do.

Reply to