 https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/beatles/younevergivemeyourmoney.html

Re: You never give me your product

https://www.youtube.com/watch?vA1%L2xODZSI4

    Best regards, Piotr

Re: You never give me your product

  Love the comment,
"These chicks are giving me a hadron?"

Re: You never give me your product

Careful, it's much easier to loose your electrons to ionization
if you put yourself in an excited state.

GH

Re: You never give me your product

Luckily, Quantum Mechanics prevents you from being totally unexcited.

    Best regards, Piotr

Re: You never give me your product

Yeah and I'm soon to be doing work with entangled states.
(There is way to much bad physics humor.)
GH

Re: You never give me your product

"Part of the Universe is expanding".

    best regards, Piotr

Re: You never give me your product

You don't even give us your name.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: You never give me your product
John Larkin

My name cannot be spoken as we are a different life form that uses no air based communication.
You planet earth is in fact one of our reservations where we try RNA and DNA based experiments.

Unfortunate for you this reservation will soon be destroyed,
not only because your collider will split the . particle, but also because of orbital changes,
and on top of that your erratic leader will contaminate everything in the next war.

We have, apart from the reservations, over a million zoos spread over many galaxies.

We want some of your almost extinct species preserved.
You will be placed in one of these zoos and be handed parts salvaged from your reservation,
and will amuse our lifeforms by constructing small projects.
When done right you will be cloned and the clones will do similar things in other galaxies.
We charge our lifeforms some . and that is used to build new experiments.
Some of you will be mated and breed, and some of you will be given to our universities for experiments.

So the better you perform here, the more chance you will be selected .

Re: You never give me your product

Trolls do seem to rely on telecommunications rather than written or voice links.

Implausible claim. The more plausible explanation is that you are a troll who is trying to be funny, and falling a long way short being even faintly amusing.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: You never give me your product

Huh, and I thought we were being 'bull dozed' so you could put in a
hyperspace bypass.

George H.

Re: You never give me your product

What grade are you in? I'd guess about 7th.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: You never give me your product

It's true. The demolition of Earth was foretold decades ago by Douglas
Adams in the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Re: You never give me your product

Foretold???  I thought it was a historical perspective!

Rick C.

Re: You never give me your product

 Yeah, that's how interpreted the tale, too. Apparently, the mice had
kept complete backups of almost every single child process[1] right up
until the Vogons had blundered in. The restore job was one hell of a
bitch I'm led to believe. :-)

[1] Well, having to keep track of some 5 billion or more active
processes, you're bound to lose a small percentage of the data in an
operation on that scale.

--
Johnny B Good

Re: You never give me your product

Perhaps not. Large scale back-up is an obligatory part of banking and healht system record-keeping. The data-bases involved are necessarily distributed and should scale up indefinitely.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: You never give me your product

As a friend who was active in this business of distributed data bases: Now
we have managed to distribute the the data, our next project will be to
collect it again.

--
Reinhardt

Re: You never give me your product

... reliably, even in the presence of updates and "split
brain" failures :)

Re: You never give me your product
Now

I can still remember sitting through a lecture on that subject - IIRR the t
rick was to lock out all versions of a data-base entry while one instance w
as being updated, and keep them all locked out until all the locked-up inst
ances had got the up-date data and reported back. You needed a central cloc
k to time-stamp the initial up-date. This was back around 1981, so the idea
 should have filtered into commercial practice by now.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: You never give me your product

I don't think it is as easy as that! I know of one commercial
product (a JAIN SLEE) from this century where the (very smart)
architects and implementors knew they didn't know how to do
it in a practical telecomms environment.

It would be easier in a theoretical environment, or where there
were no time constraints.

Site Timeline