You never give me your product

You never give me your product you only show me your simu-lations and in the middle of investigation those break down.

Music

.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

You don't even give us your name.

lunatic fringe electronics

My name cannot be spoken as we are a different life form that uses no air based communication. You planet earth is in fact one of our reservations where we try RNA and DNA based experiments.

Unfortunate for you this reservation will soon be destroyed, not only because your collider will split the . particle, but also because of orbital changes, and on top of that your erratic leader will contaminate everything in the next war.

We have, apart from the reservations, over a million zoos spread over many galaxies.

We want some of your almost extinct species preserved. You will be placed in one of these zoos and be handed parts salvaged from your reservation, and will amuse our lifeforms by constructing small projects. When done right you will be cloned and the clones will do similar things in other galaxies. We charge our lifeforms some . and that is used to build new experiments. Some of you will be mated and breed, and some of you will be given to our universities for experiments.

So the better you perform here, the more chance you will be selected .

Reply to
.

Trolls do seem to rely on telecommunications rather than written or voice links.

Implausible claim. The more plausible explanation is that you are a troll who is trying to be funny, and falling a long way short being even faintly amusing.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Huh, and I thought we were being 'bull dozed' so you could put in a hyperspace bypass.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

What grade are you in? I'd guess about 7th.

lunatic fringe electronics

It's true. The demolition of Earth was foretold decades ago by Douglas Adams in the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Cursitor Doom

Foretold??? I thought it was a historical perspective!

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Yeah, that's how interpreted the tale, too. Apparently, the mice had kept complete backups of almost every single child process[1] right up until the Vogons had blundered in. The restore job was one hell of a bitch I'm led to believe. :-)

[1] Well, having to keep track of some 5 billion or more active processes, you're bound to lose a small percentage of the data in an operation on that scale.
--
Johnny B Good
Reply to

Perhaps not. Large scale back-up is an obligatory part of banking and healht system record-keeping. The data-bases involved are necessarily distributed and should scale up indefinitely.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

As a friend who was active in this business of distributed data bases: Now we have managed to distribute the the data, our next project will be to collect it again.

--
Reinhardt
Reply to

... reliably, even in the presence of updates and "split brain" failures :)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Now

I can still remember sitting through a lecture on that subject - IIRR the t rick was to lock out all versions of a data-base entry while one instance w as being updated, and keep them all locked out until all the locked-up inst ances had got the up-date data and reported back. You needed a central cloc k to time-stamp the initial up-date. This was back around 1981, so the idea should have filtered into commercial practice by now.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Billy

Billy don't you lose my number

Cuz you're not anywhere

That I can find you

Reply to
bitrex

Love the comment, "These chicks are giving me a hadron?"

Reply to
amdx

Careful, it's much easier to loose your electrons to ionization if you put yourself in an excited state.

GH

Reply to
George Herold

"Part of the Universe is expanding".

best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Luckily, Quantum Mechanics prevents you from being totally unexcited.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Yeah and I'm soon to be doing work with entangled states. (There is way to much bad physics humor.) GH

Reply to
George Herold