Under the Knife

In two hours I will be in surgery to try and repair a _major_ abdominal hernia.

Meet up on the other side ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

Best wishes from me and C.

--sp

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Best of luck, but I hope you stay on this side. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

try to stay away from the pain meds they will offer you. m

Reply to
makolber

Best of luck Jim.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Jim--

remember the most important part of any hospital visit: leaving under your own power.

best--

Reply to
artie

AND LEAVE THE NURSES ALONE!!!!

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

I had a Hernia done about 8 months at the British Hernia Centre.

Out on the day, got train home, and back to the weights at the gym a week later, now wearing a belt :-)

I wish you the best Jim.

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

Welcome back. You might feel groggy but you've got projects to work on :)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Star Wars!!!

I'm already back home!

Enter a chamber unlike any surgery you would expect... then the robots take over!

Doctor says the hernia was there for at least 30 years! All these chemo and infection events weakened it and just turned it loose and let 'er rip... literally.

Thanks for all the best wishes! ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Glad its done. With a lot of these things, the anticipation is WAY worse than the actual procedure.

Good luck with the healing.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Yep. I expected ba-a-a-ad results, but other than being quite sore, and advised tp expect all colors of bruise to appear, I seem OK. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Healing post-chemo can be a bear. It goes, but slowly. FYI.

All the best, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I know. After that sepsis event I'm being probably over-cautious with everything I do or submit to exposure... avoiding restaurants, crowds. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Are you afraid Jim will be trolling the streets looking for drug money if he takes a few days worth of pain meds? People in pain have a right to get pain meds. Society has gone nuts, on both sides of this issue. Mikek

Fast healing to you, Jim.

Reply to
amdx

For sure. The BS isn't affecting me... but my wife has _extreme_ back problems :-(

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Glad you're ok.

Don't be in a rush.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso