ultrapure copper magnet wire?

we're seeking for high purity (6n-7n?) magnet wire. Preferably of the self bonding variety.

Anyone knowing where I can source that?

(no that's not for rewiring a toobs amp :-)

-- Thanks, Fred.

Reply to
Fred_Bartoli

I certainly don't, but that kind of purity is probably only found in better temperature standards; such as a copper freeze point unit.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

"Jon Kirwan" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

OK, maybe not 6n. But definitely better than the garden variety magnet wire.

We've got trouble with magnetic impurities in a ***sensitive*** magnetic sensor. (even the coil former platics gave us problems).

-- Thanks, Fred.

Reply to
Fred_Bartoli

lists copper wire 99.99+% pure, and they have various polyurethane and polyimide insulations available, too. Give them a call and see what they recommend; this kind of material sourcing stuff is what they do.

----- Regards, Carl Ijames

Reply to
Carl Ijames

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

elf

re.

How clean do you want? OFHC is usually quite good from a magnetics point of view. The next problem is getting it coated without it picking up magnetic materials in the process.

BTW: Where in the world are you?

Reply to
MooseFET