two suns

I didn't notice the ship between the suns when I too the pic... too much glare.

All of our cars and concrete and stuff is on those ships waiting to unload. Looks nice on the bay.

Reply to
jlarkin

Nice picture! Think there'll be any STM32s in there somewhere

Reply to
bitrex

We use STM32F207IGT6 on a few products and they seem to be unavailable. We're probably OK on stock for a while, and have some on order (!) but maybe shouldn't use them in the upcoming cable tester project.

We cut over to ST when a bunch of NXP parts went EOL.

Are any ARM uPs available? We'd hate to cut over to a new part but might have to.

Some if the TI parts seem to be sorta available... on 0.5 mm BGAs.

I'm optimistic that we're in a classic semi crunch, everybody double-ordering in a panic. That usually collapses to a glut. Like garages and supermarkets full of toilet paper.

Reply to
jlarkin

I don't know I don't do much with "big iron!" the fanciest I ever got was a design using a Cortex M7 to do some image processing for a big stage-lighting effect-thing controlling a thousand LEDs.

I've been using the mighty SLG46537 SPLC to replace those lil 8 pin 8 bit uPs in some applications you can do a lot with a hardware state machine even with only 8 states, and if 8 won't do use two, they're cheap.

Talk about just in time delivery:

bitrex

On a sunny day (Thu, 04 Nov 2021 13:35:24 -0700) it happened snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Nice!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That's some pretty messed up track !

So, we use the Silego Greenpaks as well. Great little parts !

And STM32s and NXP as well...

What gets me is that the distributers have some of their apps guys turned into sales engineers for NXP and such. WHY do they do that when there appears to be some shortage of apps people and the parts the sales guys are tryng to sell are NOT even available ? I don't get it.

boB

Reply to
boB

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote

IMHO the collapse is near. I am already seeing stuff coming through, and I am buying "impossible" Maxim parts from overstock dealers for only slightly above the original "right" price.

I am using a 32F417 and they are coming through now too.

It's been fun replacing Maxim with TI and ST parts and saving a load of money at the same time. Maxim have been totally opportunistic bastards with their pricing.

ST is a useful firm for cheap and available analog. Just replaced an LM2936-5.0 with a ST L5050. And replaced a MAX706 with an ST706 (not exactly the same but fine).

Reply to
Peter

I read an interview with the founder who bragged about using nonstandard pinouts, to lock their customers in.

I wonder if things will be better with ADI.

ST has some nice LDOs. ST1L08SPUR is superb, if you don't mind the tiny package.

John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote

That figures. Arrogant bastards. A few years ago they cut off email and phone comms; you have to file "tickets" on their website, for quotes etc.

Reply to
Peter