TSA adventures

It depends on the database engine you are feeding.

There are many bank database engines that do NOT accept odd characters AT ALL. Some require an ALPHA start character, etc.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

Before the first highjacking, there were not even any checks in place at all, AFAIR.

A couple folks did crash into buildings though. One, a DC-10 IIR, crashed into the Empire State Building. Must have been low on fuel.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

The policies are for current holders, and they are there for a reason.

Loose lips sink ships.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

Tell the FBI about the security clearance gaff.

Call your congressperson and insist that they explain the treatment of your daughter.

Dave

Reply to
DaveC

To a couple of goons with guns and his daughter. A security breach yes, but nothing like the one that he has created by whining about it here.

*They* can still do that. *He* signed a contract with *them*.

The terms of the contract still apply even if they have made a mistake.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

And this is different from the government exactly how?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

In the UK we still have policing by consent and it is safe to talk to them on the street to ask directions (same in Japan pretty much). The unruly exceptions do occur sometimes at riots and protests.

I was taught very early on to avoid US police like the plague. One of my supervisors at university was beaten to a pulp by a pair and had permanent scarring to the neck. I don't doubt he was drunk at the time. Another guy was beaten to a pulp in an unprovoked attack by US police for nothing more than jaywalking. That one made the UK national news.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

In case of sudden gremlin attack? In the Twilight Zone episode, the Shatner character stole the gun from a sleeping cop. Cops and other authorized personnel are still allowed to carry weapons on aircraft under some conditions. Probably some random guy with an upbringing int the Montreal schmata trade would be better off letting an air marshal dispatch the gremlin. I'm sure they have proper training for that sort of thing.

The first hijacking was in the 1930s, which I doubt you recall. The first major terrorist attack on an airliner (Cuban civilian airliner (DC-8) downed with all lost) was carried out by a CIA asset (trained at the same training camp where the Oklahoma city bombers learned their craft).. currently in his eighties and lives in Miami.

BTW, the CIA was instructed (by Nixon) to stop using aircraft hijackings against Cuba in the seventies, and the Cuban intelligence agency reciprocated. Around that time, a nutcase was killed trying to hijack an aircraft which he intended to crash into the White House to kill Nixon. Although the press (Jack Anderson, in particular) had the information, they apparently kept his plan pretty quiet to avoid giving the many other motivated folks any bright ideas:

B25 bomber in 1945 under bad weather conditions. Killed 14 people.

About 1/10 the mass of the aircraft used in 9/11, and travelling probably at less than 1/2 the speed, so maybe 2% of the kinetic energy.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

John's not stupid. If he said anything here and otherwise in public, I would expect it's at least within the letter of the agreement he's committed to.

Sort of like telling government employees they can't read wikileaks documents on the 'net because they're still considered classified.

and threatening diplomacy students..

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

And that differs from the government how?

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

You obviously know nothing about secure contracts, or anything about clearances... at all.

John is not stupid... most times.

You ARE... all the time, because you are obviously one of the "guess as you go" crowd.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

Not surprising that you have a problem comprehending this mandate as well, much lees why it is in place, or anything even close to the deeper reasons.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

No anonymous passengers!!! They are afraid that you can mix your blood and urine together to make a powerful explosive.

Reply to
josephkk

And that, if they know your name, you won't do that.

John

No, not in the US. Once public (by them), the secret's gone, no charges are possible.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

ll,

a.org/wiki/Samuel_Byck

"The Journey is the reward"

eff.com

And a different, more conservative building architecture.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Why not? You would not be around afterwards...

Reply to
Robert Baer