Transistor arrays?

I'll have to keep these in mind as analog switches. I'm always hunting for cheap switches. We pay $4-$5 for them (quads) now.

Reply to
krw

$1000.00 for 2000? Not in my galaxy.

They don't pin out one of them, then. Understood.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Ic=10mA max. Digikey doesn't have them. Hard to find a price, right now. But maybe Quest has them for about $.25. Others are closer to $1. All too expensive. Do you know what you paid for an each price?

Now that looks nice... if it didn't have the resistors. Obsolete, too, so says Mouser anyway.

Okay. I'm dissatisfied. Oh, well. One might thing it would _actually_ be cheaper for the manufacturer than a handful of BJTs in TO-92 to make, plus the added advantage of monolithic for the customer. I might have thought it was too specialized to put in packages and it forces customers to buy BJTs in groups like that, so it reduces the market, but they actually _do_ still make ULN2003 and that is _very specialized_, too. So that can't be the entire reason.

Mystery.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Right. Too much power wasted and we really don't have much spare headroom with the blue LEDs. They aren't cheap, or small, either. "No" covers it. ;-)

RETs are a penny or two. The SOT-416s are small, though an array could be even smaller. ;-)

TSSOPs are *huge*.

Look into RETs. For something as un-sexy as a transistor, they're not so bad. ;-)

|pp=[t=pfp,i=49701]

I'd rather have a small array, but can't have everything.

Reply to
krw

Our layout guy assures me that the SOT-416 (SC-75) is just peachy for our process, so that's where I'm going. They're really not much smaller than an 0603, just with three leads.

They probably drive a car that size too. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Too bad that Dimbulb's 'Brightness control' is broken, and at its minimum setting. ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

Muxed they can go higher. A lot of Asian semiconductors never make it into US or European distribution. No, I don't remember pricing since this was a very long time ago and while in Seoul. All I know was that it was dirt cheap. This company was (like most there) almost more penny-pinching than I am. I know, some readers here might think that's not possible. The place actually had yards and yards of computer paper tacked to a hallway wall, like back in old stock trader rooms. All that was on there was part numbers and prices.

Again, US distribution and Asian distribution, two different things. You'd be surprised how many little companies there are that make stuff you never see here. 2nd source, 3rd source, 4th source and so on. Heck, even with cars. Brands we've never heard of like Ssangyong. The topper was a very nice sedan that had the front end of a American Buick Century and the back end of a German Opel Rekord.

A relay driver is a specialty?

One would have to canvas the Asian market, outside the mainstream semi mfgs. Can result in lots of work, and datasheet often do not come in English.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

[...]

Actually, no. While there I was amazed that Seoul was full of nicely equipped and comfy cars, half of the type I'd never seen before. And none looked old or ragged.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Off.

Reply to
krw

I hear he just got the results of his IQ test. They were negative.

Michael A. Terrell

When GM finally divests its European arm, they'll have to cut every one in half :-)

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

I don't think Daewoo will care too much about that :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

"krw" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

As a further idea for a 4x driver chip this one is nice and cheap, however smallest package is TSSOP16, and VCC is 3,3V only. Drive current is 32/64mA and current through GND pin is 128mA max.:

Also nice is the 3,3V / 5V bridging function.

MIKE

--
www.oho-elektronik.de
OHO-Elektronik

Yes, that is really an interesting alternative. The're $.11 in DigiKey, which puts them in the competitive range for a quad (vs. $.02 for a single RET). The also come in skinny SOICs, which is far better than a TSSOP. It's a real possibility. Thanks, that one goes in the keeper drawer.

Reply to
krw