tracking usage on power tool

Don't forget that I get the retrofit tag patent!

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere

Well, I had the idea first and you guys provided me with the implementation :) But you can't get a patent without both, so I'm SOL on the implementation part ;)

--
Mike
Reply to

You could be co-inventors.

But I hate to burst bubbles... if someone hasn't already mentioned it...

There are electro-chemical integrators, an inch or so long that produce a lengthening stripe when power is applied. I vaguely recall a name like "hour meter" ??

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

And the device should encrypt the information, so that it can't be easily tampered with...

So, when are you sending us the royalties? ;0

Mike Darrett

Reply to
mrdarrett

You could try to grow a backbone.

--
Flap!
The Pig Bladder from Uranus, still waiting for that

And when they appear at Home Depot this summer, you're both SOL unless you have more $ than whoever's stolen the idea. )-;

Sorry, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, the cycle meter was not new, and using it in a power tool is also rather trivial.

The patent is in the 'business method' of renting out by cycle. Is that new? Guess not - cars get rented by distance as well as time.

Nothing new to see here... though one can always threaten to sue if one has deeper pockets...

Thomas

Reply to
Zak

Google 'hour meter'.

$20 for the hour meter module.

Thomas

Reply to
Zak

p=2E

of

it.

That reminds me... the FedEx cards were hacked...

"Bytes 0=D720 through 0=D727contain the value stored on the card, represented in IEEE 754 double-precision floating point format."

Why not just use a 32-bit unsigned long to represent the number of pennies? That should be good to $42.9 million... enough to last at least a few years, until the dollar gets walloped by our crushing national debt...

Reply to
mrdarrett

Something like this: VEEDER-ROOT/DYNAPAR MICROMITE SERIES PC BOARD MOUNT COUNTERS Count Up Only. 0.70 x 1.09 x 0.42" 4-digit, 6mm-high LCD. Powered by replaceable internal 1.5V button cell, 4 years expected life. 12kHz maximum count speed from contact input, reset by removing battery. With supplied bezel, fits 1.16 x .87" cutout. Operating temperature: ?10°C to

+60°C. Priced under $15 under $10 in quantity.

Doug T

Reply to
Doug T