Trace inductance... Hobbs??

At the Maple Tree Inn in Sunnyvale (nice hotel, BTW) there is always a stack of complimentary newspapers. All in Korean ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

"Tim Williams" wrote in news:s9Q8m.53028$9P.50100 @newsfe08.iad:

I haven't looked into it, but I suspect it does, in that a transmission line can be defined in trems of an inductance per unit length and a capacitance per unit length. The difference may be that in a transmission line, the return path is close enough that the inductance may take on characterisitcs of a loop, with area getting into the act.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

He was actually a University of Maine graduate named David Hodsdon. Our Group Leader at the time, Len Bowles, had been one of his professors there. By the time I went through MIT (class of '74), RF & microwaves was largely considered a solved problem, and not worthy of further research, or teaching for that matter. They still don't have much of a program, although the resurgence of wireless stuff seems to have piqued their interest a bit. Despite MIT's reputation, there are a lot of places that have better programs in RF & microwaves.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Maple Tree Inn was where I was staying! Chinese restaurant was nearby.

...Jim Thompson

 I\'ll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep the change.

Yes, the usual approximation is 1nH/mm, but here the radii are going towards zero, the fields towards infinity, and yet, one has to integrate over the volume. I'll run a simulation on that. I'll report back.

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Sorry, the simulation failed for unknown reasons. Crappy software I guess.

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

The change is only logarithmic--it hardly matters.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

I'll ask you for their location next time I go to Moffett. So far I only know the In-and-Out Burger across the street.