TI's OPAMPPRO,Lighning detection and an ADC

I am trying to make a lightning detection circuit. And have a nice detector front and it needs to be matched to an ADC on a Zilog Z8 encore mpu.

The front end is +/-15Volts. And the ADC is a 0-3v affair.

It works so good I am afraid to alter the detector main opamp. I was wondering if TI's OPAMPPRO computer design program would be useful in this endeavor.

I am a novice trying to learn the Z8 and its ADC. I tried a 0-5 volt opamp- LM325 as the interface and lost alot of sensitivity.

Any ideas.. Thanks in advance.

I am investigating the rise time characteristics of the static Em field for a lightning bolt. IT might have some directionality? Aleviating the need for orthoganal magnetic coils to detect bolt direction?

Reply to
Douglas Eagleson

If found this site intriguing...

cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Thanks!

I got the TI OPAMPPRO to spit out a diagram of the interface circuit. It matchs 0-15 volt to a 0-3 volt output.

Reply to
Douglas Eagleson