The New Products rss feed at Digikey

I've tried subscribing to it using thunderbird. I'm getting: "The Feed URL Could not be found. Please check the name and try again." Is anyone else seeing this, or am I doing sthg wrong?

Reply to
Johann Klammer

Oh, the URL is:

Johann Klammer

worked for me.

Reply to
Jim Whitby

still Nothing here... I tried fetching it with wget. I got some kind of redirection loop. [...] Reusing existing connection to

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily Location:
[following]

--2017-05-30 14:22:43--

Reusing existing connection to
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily Location:
[following]

--2017-05-30 14:22:43--

Reusing existing connection to
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily Location:
[following]

20 redirections exceeded. [...]

If however I do wget -U "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0 Iceweasel/31.0"

Then I get the file. I suspect something like this is preventing thunderbird(an old icedove actually) from fetching it. How do I make it fake the user-agent string?

Reply to
Johann Klammer

Figuerd out how to set the string. it did not help. guess the mail client really is broken.

Reply to
Johann Klammer

Firefox reads it fine, but FeedMinder barfs.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs