The amazing, free, Google Earth.

Because you're at 55d34'26"N. ;-) More air, shallower angle, maybe even further away, unless these aren't taken from a Clarke orbit. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

Ok, two can play that game. Fly to "Brodick Bay" my house where I live, look at the mountains and occasionally do a bit of consultancy work is the smudge at 55d34'26"N 5d08'06"W. How come Austin gets hi-res and I just get a blur?

--
John B
Reply to

On 13/12/2005 the venerable Rich Grise, but drunk etched in runes:

. . .

Ah, but if you go to 55d55'06.25"N & 4d27'20.35"W you'll find my car outside the factory where I worked until the end of August. Fortunatelty the resolution isn't good enough to show how grubby the car is!! This must be a case of off-shore discrimination and our beautiful island is ignored and preference given to those hideous suburban areas.

--
John B
Reply to

When is Google coming out with the "Release payload" button?

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

You can see the patches of high resolution images. They always seem to just miss the most interesting areas- I'm waiting for them to do the eastern Peak District so I can track a Roman road I think I've found.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke