Test points for dense boards

Just like Jim.

Reply to
John S

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

ke

I've seen a few new cars that doesn't even come with a spare, the tool kit has a can of inflater/sealer instead

around here I think most autoservices garantee to come fix a flat tire or tow you to a place that can in something like 30minutes or you'll get what you pay for a year back

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

You can put them wherever it is convenient -- i.e., *along* a signal path (no need for a stub). You also can chose which signals connect to which pins -- so you don't end up with things adjacent that shouldn't be (e.g., add guards around sensitive signals).

Then the FSE is an idiot! You should always take what you reasonably expect to need in the field. Would he forget his 'scope? :<

Early in my career I had to troubleshoot large wire-wrapped systems (tens of thousands of nets on large 10 sq ft panels/frames). I learned the value of bringing my own tools along -- gun, bits, strippers, etc. -- if I wanted to have any control over the time spent and quality of my work.

Use various shaped/length lands/pads as indicators. Since looking through magnifying glasses or "reading glasses" increases the chance that you will have to refocus your eyes from time to time, if you give the user lands that he can move the probe along as he counts, he can pause with the probe *on* a land while refocusing (I can think of no other word to describe this) his eyes without risking losing his position.

[note that trying to keep track of which, of many, identical looking test *points* gives you no such reliable, structured reference framework]

Or, pay for the connector and eliminate the chance of slipping with that probe in the first place!

Of course, if you are trying to probe the 15KV output... :>

Reply to
Don Y

No sun exposure, so I'd guess not. Shall we start a betting pool, then I'll check it ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

The one on my old Ford Ranger was about the same age, and never used. It wasn't exposed to the sun either, yet it had so many cracks. that I wouldn't put it on the truck when I needed a tire.

Michael A. Terrell

I thought your name was John.

Michael A. Terrell

I forgot the smiley face again :-)

Reply to
John S

Who the frick is "John S"? I never see his posts... must be a nobody ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Good! Then you don't know when I disgrace you in posts for thousands to see. Maybe you don't see my posts because I'm a nobody ;-)

Or, maybe you don't know how to handle your reader.

Reply to
John S

Tire inflator isn't safe any more--it used to be Freon, but now it's _butane_, believe it or not. Another Gold Medal idea from the government.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

There is a whole bunch of tyre infiltrator stuff that uses CO2 e.g.

Sorry for the crap link - but you get the idea. For a car tyre you need many (6 iirc) 16g cartridges.

Reply to
David Eather

Whip-Its! ;-)

Reply to
Don Y

Useful for seating tires that have come off the rim. Similar to the old spoonful of gasoline trick.

Or is that just urban legend?

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse