proto boards

I laid out a bunch of test circuits on one 4-layer board. Someone here suggested getting myropcb to fab four of them, so we did that. It took

3 weeks and cost something like $250 for the lot. They look fine, perfect registration and hi-res solder mask and silk.

I sheared one up into the various circuits, and I'll probably hand a few out to other engineers to build and evaluate.

I should have asked for blue solder mask. Green boards are boring.

 Click to see the full signature

A client used them on one of my projects and I also found the quality to be very good. Their standard fare is always green. "Full featured" costs more and then you can pick. Even extreme stuff such as purple.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I laid out a bunch of test circuits on one 4-layer board. Someone here suggested getting myropcb to fab four of them, so we did that. It took

3 weeks and cost something like $250 for the lot. They look fine, perfect registration and hi-res solder mask and silk.

I sheared one up into the various circuits, and I'll probably hand a few out to other engineers to build and evaluate.

I should have asked for blue solder mask. Green boards are boring.

 Click to see the full signature

Have you TDR'd the one with the single strip and two edge RF connectors?

I can see some real use with that one.

How's the rib doing?

Reply to
Tom Miller

Marinating ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

What color bit depths are available for the solder mask? 24 bit RGB? Just curious about this bit of trivia!

--
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
bitrex

Just did that this morning.

We did an ATLC electromagnetic simulation to get the PCB stackup right for a cheap edge-launch SMA connector. That required a cutout in the layer 2 ground plane, and a copper pour on layer 4, to get the impedance right under the center pin.

On one of those coplanar waveguide things, I left the layer 2 ground intact, no cutout under one connector, to see how much difference it makes. It really does matter.

The good one is at cm5 on the scope, almost perfect, and the one with no cutout is at cm7... lots of extra capacitance.

The CPW trace was supposed to be 50 ohms, and it came out 62, which is mediocre even for FR4. Maybe I did the math wrong, or myro didn't follow my stackup exactly, which is reasonable if they panelize a lot of boards.

Yeah, these little boards are useful for testing parts and stuff.

Pretty good, actually.

 Click to see the full signature

AFAIK (I heard this on a podcast with the owner of OshPark), the solder mask is more or less a silk-screened item. So if you have one color of solder mask on hand, the bit depth is (there or not). Two colors, 2, but don't ask for much spatial resolution. Etc, going up in number of colors.

Some board houses will let you do designs in the solder mask, but they do it by charging you for each color as a separate solder mask step.

YMMV. Ask your board house -- or your shrink.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

My wife always seems to be healing up from something -- usually minor. If she goes more than a week after healing up, she ends up falling down some stairs or closing her hand in a door, or someone thumps her in traffic.

So when my mother's cat clawed her arm yesterday, I said "Oh good, that'll stave off the broken leg for a while".

(It's not me -- honest! She was doing that before we met.)

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Probably you can have any color, provided there is an infinite budget. If you say you want it to exactly match your wife's hair color and send a $50k check along with that request I am sure the PCB house will oblige.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Laen the OshPark guy was in a podcast on this subject. Basically you need to pay for the custom-color solder mask, and then the board house will use it. Even if it's purple.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Sometimes you can get lucky. At one company the marketing guys wanted a new small handheld unit to be noticeable, standing out of the crowd. So we looked around what color granules could be had for injection molding. We found a good deal for a remnant batch in very loud purple. Showed it to the maketing folks and to my utter surprise they say "Cool! We want that!". The price wasn't very high, it probably was for some discontinued product. Minor inconvenience: We had to take it all, half a train car lot.

Internally our new product was called "Barney". They probably still have enough granules to last them through the next few decades of production.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

? 2015?4?7???? UTC+

8??1:46:04?John Larkin???

Jiangmen ABQ Electronic Material Co.,LTD was estimated in the year of 2006.

specialized in the production of high-end photoimageable PCB ink.

We passed the ISO9001 quality standard identification.and ISO14001.

Our Main products:

PISM white colour RS-2000 (W series)for LED ( patent products ),

PISM white colour matt for automative (we have TS16949 certificate , in Eur ope our RS-2000 WDM already be appointed to use in Automative industry,so t here are a lot of PCB factory from china ,from korea ,from Thailand are buy ing RS-2000 WDM for their Europe automotive order).

Electronica spray ink RS-2000 SP(our electronica spray ink is sucessful in Korea market already)

PISM green colour RS-2000GL

PISM other colours RS-2000 BL,K,Y,R ,and others.

$UV cured solder mask UV-1000 G green colour

UV cured solder mask UV-1000 W white colour

Etching ink RS-1200,RS-1280,RS-8580

UV etching ink UV-680,UV 690.

Conduction current carbon ink RF-1860

Low pressure coating ink:RS-2000 BDHF

Marking ink.

All of our products are approved by UL ,(UL filenumber :E-310593).

Main customers in china :Founder technology ,Tiger builder ,Red board ,KB

,mankun and so on.

Due to we are setting up a new factory ,the total produce capacity will

reach 800tons per month.

In order to meet the new capacity we must develop oversea market largely

with very competitive price.

Our oversea market is developing very fast on the basis of our competitive

price ,stable quality ,excellent service.

Now our oversea market is :korea ,russia ,india ,parkistan,saudi,brazil

,usa,vietnam,turkey,Iran,malaysia and so on.

Consindering the cost ,now more and more PCB manufacturers choose china

mainland PCB ink supplier.

Now we are developing your market,so if we can get cooperation chance from

you then we will be very much appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you and best regards.

Mrs. Wang

Export Manager

Jiangmen ABQ Electronic Material CO.,LTD

Facebook:

Video:

Web:

E-MAIL: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com | snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com