Tesla scares neighbors

tesla scares neighbors:

Sorry for the lead commercial, just ignore it, the rest is OK. I would not want one next to me either, probably makes any radio recepton impossible.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Ooh, I've just gotta build one of those!

Reply to
PeterD

PeterD wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

--Damon Toy!!!

Reply to
Damon Hill
6000 turns of #14 THHN for the secondary, and two 7.5Kv pole transformers in series for the exciter, a spinning air gap switch, and all the basic HV drive in his garage and really unshielded. while I'm amazed it works, I hope he has good fire insurance.

Steve Roberts

Reply to
osr

snipped-for-privacy@uakron.edu wrote in news:1194971734.726847.180180 @v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I hope he has good life insurance; there seem to be a fair number of exposed high-voltage components and wiring, to say nothing of his back yard when the thing is running...

--Damon

Reply to
Damon Hill

That is just silly. No one has ever been killed by a Tesla coil. The most dangerous thing he owns is probably a car.

Reply to
David DiGiacomo

I once had a 10-Lambda V-beam in my back yard... when I had an acre... on 2-meters... killed every TV set for a city block.

I never did 'fess up... told the neighbors my TV quit too ;-)

...Jim Thompson

The danger is real:

Don Klipstein

Not only that, there is an actual body count, 3 known here:

Don Klipstein

If even ONE of his neighbors ever decided to complain to the FCC, he would have heard about it in a big way.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

EME ?

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

About 20 years ago, a friend built one and used to operate it the evenings just to irritate the neighbors during prime time television. Of course this was before the day that cable TV became common place. He was pretty certain it worked because if he turned it on while his parents were trying to watch TV he heard about it pretty quick.

Reply to
Noway2

Sheesh - I read it as 10 lambda boom. :-( Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

So, THAT'S what a "boom box" is!

Reply to